Hosting a party is stressful enough on its own (we’re #grateful for Prosecco this season!). You could curate the ultimate cheese board — or you could impress your guests with these easy, elegant, and delicious holiday appetizers. (Then learn how to pair your wines like a pro to earn your hostessing merit badge!) There’s no need to spend hours perfecting your contribution to the office potluck or your cocktail party spread when these recipes make you look like you did.
1. 5-Minute Macadamia Cheese + Vegan Crudité: Get the party started with this five-minute macadamia nut “cheese” and crudité board. Combining raw and roasted vegetables adds an unexpected twist to the usual veggie tray. (via Minimalist Baker)
2. Vegan Mini Spiral Cream Cheese Tarts: Creamy and packed with veggies, they’re almost too pretty to eat. Almost. Did we mention they’re made with whole grain spelt flour? (via The Colorful Kitchen)
3. Avocado Crostini: You had us at avocado. Thin slices of crusty bread piled high with tomatoes, mozzarella, and — of course — avocado. Yes, please! (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
4. Edamame Hummus: Edamame and plenty of lemon juice brighten up traditional hummus, and the vibrant green color adds a festive touch. Finish this appetizer with thin slices of your favorite artisan bread. (We also love the sprinkle of smoked paprika on top!). (via Oh She Glows)
5. Union Square Café’s Bar Nuts: This recipe for spicy mixed nuts and pretzels elevates semi-homemade cooking to a new level. You won’t be able to stop snacking on them — and your guests will be begging for the recipe. (via Smitten Kitchen)
6. Greek Stuffed Deviled Eggs: Dress up your deviled eggs with sun-dried tomatoes and olives that give a retro appetizer a gourmet twist. Pressed for time? Pick up already boiled and peeled eggs! (via Edible Perspective)
7. Southern-Style Pimento Cheese: This spin on a Southern classic is delicious straight from the fridge or warmed. Simply mix the ingredients together for a comforting dip that’ll become a staple at all your gatherings. (via Running in a Skirt)
8. Smoked Salmon Dip: For a flavorful addition to your holiday table, try this protein-packed smoked salmon dip. It contains just four ingredients — and is so delicious everyone will want to double dip! (via Eating Bird Food)
Need more holiday party-prep help? Follow us on Pinterest!