8 Go-To, Easy Appetizers for Holiday Parties
Hosting a party is stressful enough on its own (we’re #grateful for Prosecco this season!). You could curate the ultimate cheese board — or you could impress your guests with these easy, elegant, and delicious holiday appetizers. (Then learn how to pair your wines like a pro to earn your hostessing merit badge!) There’s no need to spend hours perfecting your contribution to the office potluck or your cocktail party spread when these recipes make you look like you did.
1. 5-Minute Macadamia Cheese + Vegan Crudité: Get the party started with this five-minute macadamia nut “cheese” and crudité board. Combining raw and roasted vegetables adds an unexpected twist to the usual veggie tray. (via Minimalist Baker)
2. Vegan Mini Spiral Cream Cheese Tarts: Creamy and packed with veggies, they’re almost too pretty to eat. Almost. Did we mention they’re made with whole grain spelt flour? (via The Colorful Kitchen)
3. Avocado Crostini: You had us at avocado. Thin slices of crusty bread piled high with tomatoes, mozzarella, and — of course — avocado. Yes, please! (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
4. Edamame Hummus: Edamame and plenty of lemon juice brighten up traditional hummus, and the vibrant green color adds a festive touch. Finish this appetizer with thin slices of your favorite artisan bread. (We also love the sprinkle of smoked paprika on top!). (via Oh She Glows)
5. Union Square Café’s Bar Nuts: This recipe for spicy mixed nuts and pretzels elevates semi-homemade cooking to a new level. You won’t be able to stop snacking on them — and your guests will be begging for the recipe. (via Smitten Kitchen)
6. Greek Stuffed Deviled Eggs: Dress up your deviled eggs with sun-dried tomatoes and olives that give a retro appetizer a gourmet twist. Pressed for time? Pick up already boiled and peeled eggs! (via Edible Perspective)
7. Southern-Style Pimento Cheese: This spin on a Southern classic is delicious straight from the fridge or warmed. Simply mix the ingredients together for a comforting dip that’ll become a staple at all your gatherings. (via Running in a Skirt)
8. Smoked Salmon Dip: For a flavorful addition to your holiday table, try this protein-packed smoked salmon dip. It contains just four ingredients — and is so delicious everyone will want to double dip! (via Eating Bird Food)
Need more holiday party-prep help? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)