Deviled eggs are the quintessential summertime appetizer. To get it right, you must first master the perfect hard-boiled egg. Whether you make them with boiling water, in your rice cooker or even in a toaster oven, it’s all about technique and timing. Then, the next step is the filling. Finding just the right balance between egg yolk, mayonnaise and spices can be tricky, but when you get it right, everyone will let you know. Now, take everything you thought you knew about deviled eggs and throw it out the window, ’cause these 16 recipes are anything but ordinary.
2. Guacamole Deviled Eggs: Make your signature batch of guacamole, but just add in four egg yolks. Then spoon it into a dozen halved eggs, top with a sprinkle of chile powder and watch them disappear in a flash. (via Jo Cooks)
6. Garam Masala Deviled Eggs: Add a dash of Indian flair and make your eggs stand out from the rest. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately before serving to keep it from drawing liquid out of the radishes. (via Indiaphile)
9. Curried Deviled Eggs: Anything but traditional, this appetizer is a guaranteed crowd pleaser thanks to a special blend of herbs and spices, including cayenne pepper, cumin and cilantro. (via The Muffin Myth)
10. French Onion Dip Deviled Eggs: Caramelized onions and sour cream add a tangy flavor to this oh-so-yummy filling. In the end, it’s the sprinkle of lemon juice that brings it all together. (via Chocolate Moosey)
11. BLT Deviled Eggs: Why not up the ante and give your appetizer a bit of substance? Place each egg half on a tiny slice of bread and top with a piece of crispy smoked bacon and thin strips of fresh arugula. (via Warehouse)
15. Beet and Avocado Deviled Eggs: That incredible purple color alone makes these pop, but once the creamy layers of beet and avocado hit your taste buds, you’ll really understand what all the fuss is about. (via Amazingly Tasty)
How are you going to dress up your batch of deviled eggs? We’re egg-cited to hear from you! ;)