Clutter is a common woe we know (and loathe!). Instead of getting overwhelmed with the mess this spring, get a jump start on Operation Organization with closet storage hacks that will keep *all* those pretty items contained. No matter how small your space is, you can go from a lackluster clothing hodgepodge to a luxe dressing station with just a few simple DIYs. These projects are easy and require only a few essentials, so you’ll be on your way to stylish space in no time. Scroll on for easy fixes that’ll make your inner hoarder giddy.
1. DIY Graphic Laundry Baskets: It’s perfectly acceptable to keep your dirty laundry out in the open with these graphic baskets that are as sassy as they are sensible. Customize them with all your favorite phrases or paint colors for a solution that makes it okay to wait a little longer between laundry days. (via Studio DIY!)
2. DIY Vanity Tray: Corral the cutest items from your closet shelves on a tray with pretty gilded corners that you can have on display. The real trick to finishing off this piece is a vase of fresh flowers. (via Lulu’s)
4. DIY Marbled Ring Dishes: Rock your ring-hoarding habit in these marbled dishes. The color combinations are endless, so have fun with the creation process — and make a few extra to gift to your BFFs! (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Shelf Brackets: Supplement your closet storage with these industrial IKEA EKBY LERBERG Brackets ($2). Stack hangers on them to house those extra duds currently crumpled in the corner. (via Livet Hemma)
6. DIY Geometric Closet Panels: Details are everything. Put your jigsaw skills to the test with white-on-white additions that add flair to the everyday closet panel. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Sequin Hangers: Your home could always use some extra sparkle, so start in the most unassuming of spots — your hangers. Use basic Vinuss Wood Coat Hangers ($18) and sequin ribbon to bedazzle your way to a better closet display. (via Something Turquoise)
8. DIY Macrame Curtain: Closet doors are so last year. DIY a curtain that gives off all the boho vibes while hiding your closet’s contents inside. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Ladder Shoe Shelf: Okay, so this one may not fit in your closet, but it’s a great way to make space IN your closet by clearing out all your shoes and displaying them in style. (via A Pair & A Spare)
10. Flamingo Wall Hooks: Your flamingo obsession just entered the bedroom. Use these adorable hooks to display hats and scarves. Or all your bras and undies, why not? Have fun with it! (via Aww Sam)
11. Acrylic Earring Holder: Displaying your earrings is a surefire way to wear more of them more often, since you’ll actually be able to find the right set to match your outfit. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. Color-Dipped Clothes Hangers: Hangers are a closet must, but they don’t have to be boring. Make sure they’re adorable and color coded. (via Sugar & Cloth)
13. Copper Eyelash Pink Box: Boxes are useful for more than just storing your pretty jewels. You can use them to keep your unmentionables in order, or to keep tabs on things like your wedding garter. (via Enthralling Gumption)
14. Shower Curtain Hook Purse Organization: How many purses do you have sitting crumpled on the floor beneath your hanging pants? (Too many, right?) Keep them in sight and accessible by displaying them with this hack. (via Honey We’re Home)
15. Photo Tag Garment Bags: Keeping dust off your stuff is great, but so is knowing what’s inside of each bag without unzipping. (via Martha Stewart)
16. Acrylic Purse Organizer: Take one look at this clutch situation and tell yourself you don’t want to have custom acrylic holders for each purse in your collection. We dare you. (via Polished Habitat)
17. Dowel Coat Tree: These are most often found in entryways, but they sure help lighten the load of a buckling garment rack. Throw your sweaters and pants that aren’t ready for the wash on here instead of over the back of the chair. (via Emily Henderson)
18. Colorful Catch-Alls: Save the bottom of your handbag from the loose change, tissues, scribbled notes, and all the other stuff that ends up there. (via The House That Lars Built)
19. Custom Drawer Organizers: Your daily hunt for the pairs that fit is over once you tame the clutter in your drawers. A little MDF and BAM! You have two dozen cubbies for your undies and socks. (via Beckham and Belle)
20. Sliding Scarf Rack: Not everyone has got a bunch of scarves, but a sliding rack is plenty useful for anything that can hang on a hook, like tank tops, sports bras, and headbands. (via View Along the Way)
Need more ideas on how to upgrade your closet? Follow us on Pinterest for plenty of inspiration and DIY projects!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.