We can all dream about and lust after Carrie Bradshaw’s closet, but a full walk-in and that designer shoe collection are not always an option. And while most of us don’t have expansive walk-ins and boutique-sized closets, that doesn’t mean we can’t add a touch of luxury into our teeny closets. No matter what size closet you have, with a few little changes and clever organization tips, you can DIY it with an air of sophistication that is as stylish as your #OOTD.
1. Take a Seat: If you have the room, add a seat like a little bench or a DIY ottoman. Even if you only use it for the basic necessity, just having seating in your closet implies that you have enough leisure time to lounge about in there while picking out the perfect outfit. (via Design Love Fest)
2. Add Gold: Obviously gold paint is the easiest way to instantly perk up a closet, and this basic IKEA wardrobe is no exception. Try some gold spray paint or pick up some gold hardware to add extra personality. (via Made by Girl)
3. Add a Mirror: The number one designer trick to double the size of a space? Add a mirror. Plus, who doesn’t need a few more reflective surfaces to admire that stunning #OOTD? Even if you don’t have room for a full-length mirror, a little one adds just as much sparkle. (via Mimosa Lane)
6. Make a Colorful Statement: Personalize your closet by painting or wallpapering the wall. No matter what size your closet is, adding color to the wall or behind the shelves will add that necessary pattern and pizzazz. (via The Modern Sophisticate)
7. Choose Pretty Organization: Instead of seeing an open closet as a bad thing, look at it as a way to show off your excellent sense of style. Then pick stylish baskets and a little dresser to keep the not-so-pretty things out of sight. (via Avenue Lifestyle)
9. Customize Your Jewelry Display: Say goodbye to tangled necklaces and lost earrings. Organize a jewelry drawer or DIY a display with lots of personality that puts your best pieces front and center. (via My Peep Toes)
10. Have a Designated Place for Shoes: Too often, shoes become a messy pile on the bottom of the closet. You can use anything from boxes, a ladder or even a bookshelf to keep all those fancy pairs of heels elegantly displayed. (via The Glitter Guide)
11. Organize Your Clothes: How to organize? That’s totally up to you. Hang things up by color, sleeve length, season or whatever is easiest for you to see all your clothing options. (via Style Me Pretty)
How do you organize your closet? Share your tips with us in the comments below!