It’s an unfortunate fact that oftentimes, short hair gets left out of the hair tutorial mix. We’re setting out to solve that. There might be less length to your hair, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still a ton of things you can do with it, including crazy easy hairstyles. Think that updos and braids are off the table for your cropped locks? Think again, friend. Take a peek below at 11 easy and rad ways you can wear your short tresses and get to styling, STAT.
1. Messy Tuck + Pin: Sometimes when it comes to hair, the messier it is, the better. This style allows you to roll out of bed, do a little tucking and pinning and leave the house looking fresh off the runway. (via Elenita)
2. French Knots: Get out those bobby pins and get ready to braid. This ‘do is not your usual French braid, so your hair will definitely stand out from the crowd. Throw on your party dress and dance the night away while rocking this stellar style. (via Brit + Co)
4. Texturized Pixie: Even super short ‘dos can share in the styling love. Give your pixie cut some volume and texture — quickly go through with a curling wand and some finishing pomade to keep it all in place. (via ModCloth)
5. Pony Knot: If you’re truly living the lazy girl life, here’s one way to amp up your ponytail game in a few simple minutes. Separate your hair into three sections with a ponytail in the middle, wrap, pin and presto. (via The Beauty Department)
6. French Twist: This is one of those hairstyles that looks difficult to do, especially with short tresses. But, surprise! It’s totally easy with this simple how-to. Pair it with your fave button-down and pencil skirt for a chic office look. (via Byrdie)
7. Pinned Back Waves: Pump up that volume, y’all. Bobby pins save the day yet again — this style gives some major oomph to your ‘do while also conveniently keeping those bothersome front pieces out of your face all day long. (via One Little Momma)
8. Messy Pony: If one thing is for sure, it’s that chic hair doesn’t have to be perfect. Your short locks might not be able to stay put in a neat ponytail, but hey! This undone look is just as rad. (via Lolalina)
9. Dutch Braid: When people think of styling short hair, braids aren’t usually what come to mind considering the lack of length. Well, toss that notion right out the window, because this Dutch braid for short hair is exquisite. With the help of some bobby pins and elastics, you’re well on your way to braided glory. (via The Beauty Department)
10. Cotton Candy Bun: The whole topknot trend may seem exclusive to long-haired ladies, but not anymore. This sweet hairstyle calls for lots of teasing, a little hairspray and some wrapping. Get out there and start snapping your #OOTDs ;) (via Vanilla Extract)
11. Braided Pixie: Like we said, having short hair doesn’t mean sacrificing some killer braids! Work a simple braid from the front of your fringe to the side of your head and behind your ear to frame your face and add interest to your ‘do. (via Refinery29)
What’s your fave short hair hairstyle? Share with us in the comments.