It’s here, it’s here! Target‘s ultra-buzzed-about new line Opalhouse launched today, and we couldn’t be more excited. The bold, colorful collection has amazing finds for the bedroom, bath, living spaces, and outdoors, all with a signature, globally inspired take on design. (Honestly, from affordable beauty products to amazing spring home decor finds, Target is killing it for all things pretty right now.) We sat down with designer, blogger and Target home style expert Emily Henderson, who shared her best tips to create a luxe look for less, and gave us the stories behind some of her very favorite pieces. Frankly, we’ll take one of everything!
1. Opalhouse Alfama Parrot Print with Tassels Shower Curtain Green/Yellow ($20): This fantastic shower curtain featuring a watercolor design hand-painted by an in-house designer, wasn’t part of the original plan. Says Henderson, “Originally, we were going to do it just on a pillow, but everybody felt it was so pretty that we put the pattern on the shower curtain, wallpaper ($30), and dinner plates ($2).” (We’re so glad they did!)
2. Opalhouse Panther Oversize Lumbar Throw Pillow ($25): This roar-worthy pillow is one of Emily’s favorites because she feels oversize pillows give you the most design bang for your buck. The panther on the front (a black-and-teal print is on the back) was inspired by graffiti art in Paris. “The Target design team travels to Paris, Portugal, Morocco, and Spain to bring back inspiration that’s fun, and they wanted to make sure that the colors, patterns, and the whole collection was really unique and representative of globally inspired trends,” she says.
3. Opalhouse Myna Tufted Arm Chair with Brass Legs Velvet Green ($270): Henderson adores these colorful chairs (they also come in blush and blue): “The chaise is a highly under-used piece of furniture. This chaise is awesome. Everybody’s got a corner that you can put this chair in. Rethink the chaise.”
4. Opalhouse Velvet Tufted Stitch Quilt ($80): For anyone dwelling in a small bedroom, Henderson recommends this jewel-toned blanket (it comes in citron, merlot, and teal) to add pizazz to your sleeping quarters.”Something like this quilt can instantly punch up a room. Plus, it’s big, so once you put it over your whole bed, it’s a really easy way to add style in a simple way and a punch of happiness without being too busy,” she says.
5. Opalhouse Avocet Rattan Fan Back Accent Chair ($160): If you live in a small apartment, this one is for you. Henderson loves the simplicity and beauty of this chair, which she feels adds natural interest without fussing too much with color: “If you a mix a rattan chair like this with whites, natural materials, and one bold color, that’s golden. Don’t mix a lot of colors in a small space: Your eye needs a space to calm down and rest.”
6. Opalhouse Pleated Velvet Oversized Lumbar Pillow ($35): One piece that Henderson instantly gravitated toward and wants for her own home is this sumptuous pillow, perfect for adding bold color to couches or beds. “You don’t need three decorative pillows when you have a pillow like this. And it’s velvety soft too,” Henderson gushes.
7. Opalhouse Antheron Floral Peel & Stick Wallpaper Pink ($30): A new line of peel-and-stick wallpapers makes it easy to add pretty design to any room without the mess or hassle of wallpapering or painting. And this one has OPTIONS: You can choose panthers, peacocks, bohemian medallions, pineapples, or canaries.
7. Opalhouse Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter Pink/Gold ($10): Add a pop of pink to pizza parties.
8. Opalhouse Melamine Dinner Plate Blue/Green Floral ($3): Kitchen dishes and outdoor dining just got a lot prettier — and at $3 a plate, you can score a whole set without breaking the bank.
9. Opalhouse Papaya Kitchen Towel ($3): Make washing dishes way more fun.
10. Opalhouse Peacock Box Gold ($17): Store jewelry on your nightstand in this bird box.
11. Opalhouse Salvia Round Garden Stool White ($70): Place it outdoors for patio style or in your living room with a stack of books.
12. Opalhouse Allover Pattern Bath Towel Black/White ($13): The intricate design on this towel will perk up your morning bathroom routine.
13. Opalhouse Glass Pineapple Table Lamp Brass ($38): Add a tropical flair to any room with this gold light.
14. Opalhouse Tachuri Geometric Front 2 Door Cabinet Brown ($160): If you love the geometric design on this piece, you can also snag it as a console table ($130), coffee table ($130), and accent table ($90).
15. Opalhouse Pink “Stop and Smell the Rosé” Picnic Blanket ($20): Bring this quilt to your next picnic in the park — with the appropriate beverage, of course.
What pieces do you want the most from Target’s Opalhouse collection? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Target)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.