We typically tune into see our favorite sports stars kill it on the court, the track or the field, but at tonight’s ESPY Awards, which celebrate the top athletic performances of the year, we’re changing the channel (or stalking our Twitter feeds) to see what happens when the jerseys come off and the glam is turned way up. Of course, we’re all anticipating a major style moment from the Arthur Ashe Courage Award honoree, Caitlyn Jenner, who didn’t walk the red carpet, but the athletes, personalities and celebs who did are setting trends just as covetable as the ones seen at any A-list award show. See who won sartorial gold medals below.
1. Kylie Jenner: The youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan took a cue from big sister Kim and showed off her curves without showing any skin in her glittering bodycon gown. A nude lip and barely-there waves kept the look feeling classy. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Stephanie Bauer: The TV host is twinning with the dancer emoji in the chicest way possible. Bauer keeps all eyes on her rose embellished skirt (no thanks to that thigh-high slit) by balancing the statement piece with a sporty crop top and classic black pumps, two cool girl closet staples that help add a sleek feel to just about any kind of bottoms. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Amy Purdy: Talk about taking a risk on the red carpet. The 2014 Paralympic bronze medalist in snowboarding puts the spotlight on her prosthetic legs in a glittering long-sleeved mini dress and nails the getting-drinks-with-your-girls look with gilded accessories, including metallic open-toed sandals. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Jazz Jennings: You’re going to want to steal this trans activist’s outfit for your next weekend brunch. The teen YouTube star keeps it simple and pretty with a drapy white tank and metallic embroidered skirt with matching gold sandals. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Halle Berry: Don’t tell the Oscar winning actress that boho babes can’t be badass. Leather ruffles and black lace (+ her messy swag haircut) put a major rock and roll twist on this ‘70s throwback look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Jake Gyllenhaal + Rachel McAdams: We’re getting some major Mulder + Scully vibes from the Southpaw actors, Gyllenhaal with his classic TDH suit and tie and McAdams with the so-’90s-it-hurts cut of her longline blazer and that ultra swoopy side part. So. On. Point. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Kelly Clark: The Olympic halfpipe gold medalist shows how to channel your inner girly girl without going too over the top. Clark trades in pink for the prettiest nude-blush shade and keeps frilly embellishments like embroidered flowers and a tulle skirt at bay with the monochrome color scheme. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
8. Odell Beckham Jr: Nothing screams “luxe” more than a man in smoking slippers. Well, unless those smoking slippers glitter and are accompanied by a red crocodile blazer and layered bling. Touché, Odell.
9. Kendall Jenner: Leave it to the supermodel to make what’s basically a cami + granny panties look insanely elegant. We’ll take this as a cue that all-over sheer will be in for fall. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Hannah Davis: The model’s gleaming mirrored dress will definitely take your sequins obsession to the next level. A slick high pony keeps the whole look icy. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
11. Erica Enders-Stevens: It’s no surprise this racecar driver would find a way to get red carpet-ready fast in a dress that doubles as statement jewelry. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
12. Jenny Finch: Here’s how you keep the one-shoulder trend from looking like you’re an extra in a ‘00s music video stick with an LBD. We love that the former softball player takes it to an edgier place with her pompadour ponytail and silver clutch. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
13. Ricardo Lockette: Just when we thought we were over polka dots, the NFL player helps us see them in a whole new light: as a super slick menswear pattern. That pop-of-color pocket square and big bow tie are perfect was to round out an eclectic-cool look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
14. Ashlyn Harris: The USWNT soccer goalie just made us totally re-think our dream pantsuit. Playful proportions, impeccable tailoring and crisp styling are the new must-haves when it comes to menswear-inspired get-ups. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
15. Sydney Leroux: Here’s how you wear a belly-out, two-piece set to a formal occasion. A sequined top like the one on the US soccer player turns the day date staple into a cocktail-ready piece, along with a pencil skirt that keeps the look feeling refined. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
16. Danica Patrick: The racecar driver is schooling us on how to take your favorite beach maxi from fun in the sun to a fancy night out: pull up those beach waves into a messy pomp and swap your flip flops + tote for platform sandals and a clutch. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
17. Russell Wilson + Ciara: Look closely: the bottom of Ciara’s flowy gown is subtly dyed the exact same hue as her NFL player boo’s wine colored suit (awww!). This is matchy-matchy dressing done right. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
18. Amanda Bingson: The Olympic athlete is showing off one of our favorite ways to accessorize a jumpsuit: with a stiff metallic belt. It’s a foolproof way to give the typically-drapy garment some elegant edge. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
19. Mo’ne Davis: Oversized ruffles keep the little league pitcher’s rather refined all-white outfit playful (she is only 14-years-old after all!). But you definitely don’t need to be a tween to go ga-ga for sparkly bling.
20. Ronda Rousey: It’s mixed materials for the mixed martial artist! We love that there’s something more to some of the sheer panels here with its chic polka dot pattern — it’s a detail that gives the bodycon dress a really flirty feel. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
21. Brie Bella + Nikki Bella: The wrestling tag team are tackling (and owning) some of the trickiest trends around. Brie’s high-low peplum top makes the whole dress-under-pants look seem a lot easier to pull off while her sis in her strapless dress shows that confidence is way more important than a bra. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
22. Jarvis Landry: To keep a white suit from looking too “here comes the groom,” follow the NFL player’s lead and round out the look with rich-hued accessories (and a colorful streak in your hair wouldn’t hurt either). (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
23. Ben Simmons: We’re totally not missing a tie from this basketball player’s ensemble. Crisp white sneakers and a subtly patterned shirt add just the right amount of refinement to the more casual look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What were your favorite red carpet looks from the ESPYs? Tell us in the comments below.