These Are the Top Nail Trends from Fashion Week You Should Rock RN
NYFW is as much about the beauty inspo as it is about the clothes. Take the ah.maz.ing nail looks, for example. Artists spend a ton of time on crafting just the right design to complement each runway look, making sure the designer has the perfect style for their show. And the rest of us can get major inspo for our manis for the next few months. Here are a few of our favorites from the 2017 runway that you can rock right now.
1. Metallics: The chrome nail trend isn’t going anywhere fast. This gorgeous, shiny set by LVX at the Tadashi Shoji show featured fun glitter accents in pink and gold. (Photo via John Lamparski/WireImage)
2. Funky French: When you go for a Frenchie, you probably automatically grab the baby pink and white, amiright? This fun French twist from Essie at the Tanya Taylor show challenges all that. Teal and maroon actually look fab en Francais, who knew?
3. Black and White All Over: Wedding nails have really come a long way, like the gorg B&W patterns seen above at the Leanne Marshall show this week. This bold look featured some half moons, stripes and splatter. See ya, mandatory wedding day white tips! (Photo via Jenny Anderson/WireImage)
4. Hello, Darkness: Fall might seem a long way off now. But let’s imagine cozying up in a sweater with a full set of totally black nails that are major moody#goals. Bonus points for going for the matching dark lip shade. Your inner goth glam girl will be so proud. (Photo via Kris Connor/Getty)
5. Abstract Floral: The ’70s are slowly creeping back into every part of our wardrobe, and now on our manis! This gorg abstract floral pattern painted with Christian Louboutin polish (yep, that’s a thing!) may slightly remind you of your parent’s wallpaper of the past, but in a good way. #Obsssesed.
View this post on Instagram
@ritaremark’s simple metallic look from the @michaelcostello show is super easy to recreate. Just apply a coat of #tuckitinmytux and use a fan brush to create distressed horizontal lines with #pennytalk. Apply a coat of #gelsetter for a look that lasts. #essielove #NYFW
A post shared by essie (@essie) on
6. Brushstroke Detail: Just when we think we’ve seen everything that can be done with nail polish, another fun technique comes along. Featured at the Michael Costello show, these wide brush strokes were created using a fan brush. Use Essie metallics for the right color and get major props.
What fall manis are you most excited about? Tell us @BritandCo!