Get 5 Looks Straight from the Runway for Under $130
While it’s almost time to trade out NYC’s bustling streets for more far-flung fashion locales (we’re looking at you, London, Paris and Milan), we still have another hot minute or two to swoon over the enviable ensembles making their debut during Fashion Week in the Big Apple. Day six saw its fair share of vibrant hues that would do any color lover’s capsule wardrobe proud, as well as sleek metallics and OMG-worthy sheer dresses, skirts and trousers that beautifully combined sultry sophistication and sass. Below, we’re introducing you to five of the day’s best looks and the pieces you need to recreate them IRL. Scroll on to take your style far ahead of the sartorial curve.
To say we’re loving the slew of daytime metallics dominating the Narciso Rodriguez runway would be an understatement. This quicksilver number is a shoo-in for after-hours shenanigans, but it can totally hold it down by day layered over a statement blouse and lace-up ankle boots. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
1. Zara High Neck Sateen Dress ($70): We’re all for a sleek piece that knows how to pull double duty, and this golden sateen maxi definitely delivers. For a healthy dose of at-work elegance, team with pointed-toe ankle boots and a longline blazer — collar popped.
Off-duty dressing just got a whole lot more interesting thanks to Alice and Olivia. A bold mix of can’t-miss color and eye-catching embroidery is looking to inject your weekend wardrobe with major personality. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
2. The Limited Piped Madison Blazer ($100): A trusty black blazer will never let you down, but a girl’s gotta have options. When your tried-and-true topper starts to read meh, bust out this gorgeous green jacket to hit refresh on your look stat.
3. Glamorous Tall Boyfriend Jean With Embroidered Leg ($62): Bright floral embroidery and a laid-back silhouette — these amped-up bottoms are what off-duty dreams are made of. Team them with a ribbed turtleneck, statement earrings and snakeskin boots for a sophisticated look that reads throwback chic.
Coach took Americana to a whole new level, teaming flirty florals with Western-inspired badass leather outerwear and studded statement stompers. The effect was downright DDG, especially when the looks featured airy sheer skirts that exuded modern romance. (Photo via Brian Ach/Getty)
4. ASOS Sheer Maxi Skirt With Flocked Flowers ($73): Impeccable date night style on a dime? Sign us up! Make jaws drop when you enter the room by teaming this sultry floral skirt with a sleeveless high neck top, statement cuff and shimmery ankle strap heels. Bold berry lips and mismatched earrings are a must.
5. Bagatelle Pins & Patch Faux Leather Moto Jacket ($128): Pins and patches inject just-your-average leather jacket with a tough-luxe look that is ready to flip flirty style essentials on their heads. Tack it on over a floaty bohemian frock or team with palazzo trousers and a bow-neck blouse for the ultimate balance of modern elegance and edge.
East Coast Prep
Tory Burch’s collection was a playful fusion of East and West Coast, jam-packed with vibrant color and punchy prints. While we found ourselves swooning hard for the patches of pretty florals that were out en force, it was this preppy sports chic look we couldn’t get out of our heads. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
6. Zara Trousers With Golden Side Buttons ($100): Now here’s a look we never thought would become an actual thing: side-button track pants. A far cry from the ones you rocked back in the early ’00s, these bad boys are straight-up sophisticated with their slightly flared silhouette and sleek gold buttons. Style alongside an oversized button-down and geometric hoops for a winning nine-to-five ensemble.
7. & Other Stories x Rodarte Striped V-Neck Sweater ($85): Channel some of Tory’s East-coast prepster vibes sporting a collared knit top with ’70s flair. Whether you tuck it into a suede midi skirt or wear it with flared jeans, it makes a seriously chic alternative to your traditional tee-and-jeans routine.
Vera Wang really knows how to set a girl’s heart aflutter, and that’s whether you’re a bonafide grunge goddess or a fan of flirty frocks. While the bodacious pearl maxi might not make the cut for everyday livin’, we can totally see this tulle t-shirt serving as a focal point for endless on- and off-duty ensembles. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
8. Zara Basic Tulle T-Shirt ($16): The easiest way to upgrade your closet without experiencing a strong sense of buyer’s remorse? Opt for next-level versions of your everyday essentials. Case in point: this floaty tulle t-shirt that would look just as good tucked into a pair of high-waisted denim as it would be styled alongside an embellished A-line skirt.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)