19 Ways to Decorate With Faux Flowers for Your Wedding and Save *BIG* Time
Flowers are pretty much a *must* when it comes to weddings. They’re on your hair as stunning flower crowns, are almost always included in your centerpieces and they basically hold your hand as you walk down the aisle. The only problem is that flowers don’t last long, and it can be a serious investment to have fresh flowers brightening your Big Day. Instead of using up half of your wedding budget on something that won’t last longer than a week, why not DIY your very own bouquets, crowns and garlands using faux flowers? With so many different colors and textures available (think: paper or silk), you’ll be able to create bright and beautiful details that will get oohs and ahhs all day long. These 19 faux flower ideas are ready to help you DIY your way to the aisle.
1. Pretty in Pink Paper Flower Wall: Umm, this wall is the absolute cutest, and we’re totally obsessing over the color combo of these flowers. Use bright-colored crepe paper to recreate this beauty and ensure that your walls will stand out amongst the crowd. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Sweetheart Chair Wreath: Make your sweetheart chairs extra fab by wrapping a simple but super colorful paper flower garland around them. This is the ultimate bohemian couple setting after saying “I do.” (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
3. Whimsical Faux and Real Combo Wreath: If you’re after a stunning wreath, try mixing faux with real flowers for a truly one-of-a-kind look. To create your own, use the best quality of artificial flowers + greens and combine it with blooms, like roses, hydrangeas and peonies for an oh-so-romantic feel. (via Friend of Faux)
4. DIY Fiesta Flower Hairclip: Turn your bachelorette festivities into a big DIY party and make these cute fiesta flower hairclips with your best gals. All you need are some faux flowers, metal hair barrettes, hot glue guns with glue sticks and scissors. They’ll be able to wear it over and over again. (via Camille Styles)
5. All-Green Faux Garland: Want a beautiful secret garden fete without the price of an actual garden? Try using a faux garland. Swag it around a marquee or wrap a couple around tipi poles. It will totally transform your venue in a matter of seconds for half the price of the real deal. (via Friend of Faux)
6. DIY Floral Curtain: Ceremony backdrops are all the rave these days so why not keep yours forever with a DIY floral curtain? This little number is easy on the wallet and would be great for a photo booth backdrop. (via Design Love Fest)
7. Simple Cake Topped With Faux Flowers: We love when we find stunning pieces that fall under DIY basics, like this monochrome flower cake that can be assembled in no time with some silk or paper flowers. Use the same colors in your bouquet to tie everything together beautifully. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
8. Giant Flower Photo Backdrop DIY: This fun giant flower photo booth backdrop is an easy way to bring a pop of color, and functions just as well as the backdrop to your wedding ceremony. Plus, the materials are super simple, so you can recreate this in no time! (via Oh Happy Day)
9. Giant Paper Flowers from Ruche: If you’re the kind of couple that wants to go big or go home, then these are a *must* for your wedding fete. Huge paper blooms like these will make such a splash on your decor that you’ll hardly need anything else. It’s a whimsical dream come to life. (via Design Sponge)
10. DIY Beautiful Paper Flower Crown: Paper flower crowns are not just for Coachella. They can mean serious business when it comes to warm weather weddings, and they’re a lot easier to make than you think. Grab your gals and a mimosa or two and get to work. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Paper Coral Charm Peony Bouquet: We love the simple look of an all-red bouquet: big, bold, bright and stylish. It’s made up of layers of different weights and colors of crepe paper for a structured yet delicate look. This DIY goes to show that you can definitely keep it faux *and* classic! (via Design Sponge)
12. Hanging Paper Flower Ceremony: Make your ceremony venue insanely unique by adding hanging flowers to the aisle. Our suggestion? Use paper flowers of various colors and green strings to make it *ultra* colorful. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
13. Wild Faux Flowers Centerpiece: This certainly does not look like your grandmother’s faux flower arrangement. Get your wedding florist to create this stunning faux wildflower centerpiece for your wedding and enjoy it forever after as an accent in your home. It’s the perfect double-duty arrangement! (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
14. Gold Foil + Watercolor Floral Cake: If you’re looking to make a bold statement with your wedding cake, use gold foil and hand-drawn watercolor florals to create this springtime flower cake. Pro Tip: Add a silk flower to your treat for a whimsical vibe. (via Vintage Sparkle Rentals)
15. DIY Gilded Tulip Place Cards: If you’re already a DIY queen, you probably already have gold and silver spray cans laying around your place. Do some recycling with those leftover cans and buy faux tulips at your local craft store for a super unique place-card look. They’ll double as favors that your guests will love. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
16. Floral XO Letter Signs: If you’re into monogramming everything that moves, you’re going to LOVE this floral letter sign. Whether you decide to spell out your favorite word or just display your new initials, it’s a REALLY pretty way to add faux flower decor to your nuptials.
17. Mini Crepe Paper Flower Favors DIY: How adorable are these mini crepe paper flower favors? To make them, simply fold the paper, punch it at the top and thread it through, with a toothpick to close. Make a few extra to use as your groomsmen’s boutonnieres too! (via Oh Happy Day)
18. Paper Daffodil DIY: Daffodils are the ultimate spring flower. The best part is they’ll be around all year long, so you can totally include them in your fall or winter wedding if your heart desires. Cut out a few petals and glue them onto a green wire for a look you’ll love. (via Design Sponge)
19. DIY Crepe Paper Lei: Get ready to turn your Big Day into an exotic escape with this super easy-to-make DIY crepe paper lei. You and your love could even make one for each guest if you’re hosting a beach-themed wedding. Your guests will be hella impressed. (via Oh Happy Day)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)