Office parties, client meetings, midday reunions with your bestie — all perfect examples of how a simple lunch outing can turn into a full on binge-fest. Although the indulging was *totally* worth it, come dinner time, you may not feel like consuming much more than a smoothie and a detoxifying salad. Good call! For those times when you went a little bit overboard earlier in the day, these 14 nutritious salads will balance everything out.
1. Blackberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad With Crispy Fried Goat Cheese: Adding fresh fruits and nuts to your salad will help detoxify your body and get you back on track. Include grilled chicken for protein and, if you’re not feeling too full, fried goat cheese for good measure. (via Closet Cooking)
2. Buffalo Shrimp Salad: If you’re craving something spicy but hot wings are just too much, Buffalo shrimp are the perfect solution. Pop them on a bed of basic greens and top with feta and blue cheese dressing for a complete meal. (via Happy Go Lucky)
3. Chicken Gyro Salad With Crispy Pita: Bring your favorite Greek dish home in the form of this hearty gyro salad. Since you *probably* don’t have a vertical rotisserie chilling at home, pan sear the chicken with gyro spices and finish with toasted whole wheat pita and a Greek vinaigrette. (via Cooking for Keeps)
4. Ham and Cheese Chopped Salad With Garlic Dill Ranch: You can’t go wrong with a classic chopped salad. Take the opportunity to clear out your fridge and add any leftover veggies, cheeses, and meats you may have around. (via The Salty Marshmallow)
5. Mediterranean Tuna Arugula Salad: So, you’re still stuffed from lunch and you need a salad that’ll be light on your stomach. Go for a protein-rich seafood like tuna and pair it with spicy arugula and fresh tomatoes. (via Kale Me Maybe)
6. Honey Mustard Chicken Bacon and Avocado Salad: When your five-ingredient salad dressing doubles as an epic marinade, you know you have a winning recipe on your hands. Pour it over crispy romaine, avocado, chicken, and bacon for a restaurant-worthy salad. (via Cafe Delites)
7. Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Lemon Tahini Dressing: Roast a head of cauliflower with chickpeas and whisk together a quick lemon-tahini dressing to toss it all in. De-lish! (via Budget Bytes)
8. Salmon and Avocado Caesar Salad: This isn’t your average empty-calorie-laden Caesar salad. It’s full of nourishing ingredients like salmon, avocado, and poached egg, along with a light homemade dressing that makes the whole dish. (via Cafe Delites)
9. Southwestern Chicken Salad With Creamy Cilantro Dressing: Instead of grabbing Chipotle and immediately regretting it, go for a Southwestern-style salad that hits the same bells and whistles. Plus, the guacamole won’t be extra. (via Gimme Delicious)
10. Strawberry Steak Salad With Homemade Balsamic Dressing: You know you can never finish a steak when you go out to eat. Bring your leftovers home and pop them on top of greens along with strawberries, avocado, and creamy balsamic dressing. (via Peas and Crayons)
11. Tequila Lime Salmon Salad: Did someone say tequila?! Instead of making yourself a nightcap (or in addition to…), take a few minutes to prepare this boozy salmon salad to end your day. (via The Cookie Rookie)
12. Easy Taco Salad: This low-carb and gluten-free taco salad may be missing a tortilla shell, but it definitely isn’t lacking in flavor. Not to mention, it’ll be ready for you to devour in *just* 20 minutes. (via Wholesome Yum)
13. Bacon and Brussels Sprout Salad With Chipotle Dressing: This bacon and Brussels sprout salad makes for a speedy dinner. If you happen to have leftovers, it’s even better the next day. (via The Whole Bite Blog)
14. Almond, Berry, and Chicken Spinach Salad: One bite of this fruit-filled salad and you’ll wonder why you’re attracted to burgers and fries in the first place. Every bite is more refreshing and juicy than the last, and you’ll experience sweetness, savoriness, and a tang throughout. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.