Summer may be winding down, but celebrities are proving that summer’s biggest trends can hold their weight into fall. Just the other day, Mary-Kate Olsen gave us a pretty great excuse to wear neon after Labor Day, and now, A-listers at the 72nd Venice Film Festival are showing that bold floral prints are still in full bloom.
Elizabeth Banks arrived for a jury photocall in a textured frock with red, yellow and white floral appliques. She completed the feminine ensemble with black heels featuring white petals on the backs — a detail that’s noted for our next shoe DIY. And she wasn’t the only petal pusher. Everest actress Emily Watson’s ensemble combined polka dots and two floral patterns in bright pink and red, while Spanish actress Paz Vega stepped out in a vintage-inspired number featuring a stunning lily pattern, which makes us want to add a next-level flower print to our collection of rose and daisy-specked clothes. Meanwhile, Diane Kruger rocked a dress featuring a delicate floral pattern and sailor bib with menswear-inspired boots to give the look a decidedly ’90s twist that would make Chloe Sevigny drool.
Not only did these ladies prove that that plaid isn’t your only option this fall — mix it up with fun floral prints — but also that you can totally put your own unique twist on the trend. In celebration of that, we’ve rounded up five floral dresses and jumpsuits you’ll want to buy right now.
1. Karen Walker Ephemere Dress ($598): This mix of floral and striped prints is a splurge but will look amazing paired with heels and maybe even a structured blazer for those chilly autumn days.
2. Mango Floral Print Jumpsuit ($100): This halter jumpsuit is perfect for Sunday brunch or a walk through the park.
3. LOFT Autumn Blossom Flutter Dress ($90): Featuring flutter sleeves and vibrant flowers, this dress is perfect for pairing with your favorite jean jacket (available in maternity, too!)
4. J.Crew Sleeveless Polynesian Floral Dress ($100): Dress up this black and white floral number with a fun statement necklace and blazer for an effortless fall work look.
5. Wiggle Dress With Split Front in Floral Print ($86): Featuring dark blue flowers and elbow-length sleeves, this getup is perfect for the chilly months.
Are you planning to wear florals this fall? Let us know here!
(Photos via Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty)