You Only Need 1 Baking Sheet to Cook These Meals
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed in the kitchen, especially when complicated recipes require lots of different bakeware. However, a cookbook recently published by Time Inc. Books imprint Oxmoor House has set out to change the way we see cooking our own meals. The book is called One Sheet Eats: 100+ Delicious Recipes All Made on a Baking Sheet and, as the title suggests, it’s filled with drool-worthy recipes that only require a single baking sheet to prepare — well, besides prep items like mixing bowls, a wire rack, and a blender.
In a press release obtained by Brit + Co, Oxmoor House dubs One Sheet Eats a “hero in the kitchen.” No matter if you’re after the perfect dinner recipe or a sweet dessert bake, there’s something for everyone inside the glossy pages packed with beautiful imagery and helpful tips. We’re calling it now: This is going to be your new *fave* cookbook. Need convincing? Check out the book’s cover recipe, Roasted Rosemary Chicken Quarters With Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts, below. Even the pickiest of eaters will want to dig in, trust us.
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken leg quarters (31/2 to 4 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil 13/4 teaspoons kosher salt 11/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1-inch pieces) (1 [12-ounce] package or 1 large squash)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray in the oven; heat 5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with 3⁄4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and place the chicken quarters, skin side down, on the baking sheet; return to the oven. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven; add the butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, onion, and garlic; drizzle with 11/2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables. Combine the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, honey, and Dijon mustard; brush onto the chicken using a pastry brush.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Baste the vegetables and chicken thighs with the pan juices using a large spoon or bulb baster; sprinkle with the rosemary. Bake 20 more minutes or until the chicken is done, shielding the chicken during the last 5 minutes, if needed, to prevent over browning.
So easy, right? One Sheet East: 100+ Delicious Recipes All Made on a Baking Sheet retails for $20 and includes 256 pages of de-licious ideas.
For more super easy recipe ideas, follow us on Pinterest!
(Photos via Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)