11 Celebrity Cookbooks That Are Better Than Pinterest
Celebrities are just like us: They need to eat too! And, also like us, they prefer to do it well and with passion. Cookbooks for millennials aren’t hard to come by, but celeb cookbooks are particularly special. Many celebrities have taken their love for cooking and crossed over into chef territory, and we’re not at all sad about it. Though compilations of artists’ favorite recipes are amazing, sometimes you just want to hunker down with a bunch of recipes by, say, the Kardashians or Chrissy Teigen. Here are 11 fabulous celeb cookbooks to help you do it:
1. The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet by Alicia Silverstone ($14): Alicia Silverstone is a committed vegan and Earth warrior, and she helps spread the word about vegan living in her popular cookbook. If you’ve ever thought of going meat- and dairy-free, this is the cookbook for you.
2. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen ($18): Chrissy Teigan is ALL OF US in so many ways, but we would love to take a page out of her book in the kitchen. Her drool-worthy food pics on Instagram always get us hungry, so we’re dying to try out her hand-crafted recipes for ourselves, from fried chicken to Thai dishes to healthy salads.
3. IT’S ALL GOOD: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great by Gwyneth Paltrow ($20): Let’s face it — Gwyneth looks GOOD. And her raw diet, though it may elicit a few eyebrow-raises, is unquestionably fresh and full of nutrients. Her cookbook is free of any ingredients containing caffeine, alcohol, eggs, dairy, sugar, shellfish, wheat, meat, soy and processed food. Try it and see how you feel!
4. Great Food, All Day Long: Eat Joyfully, Eat Healthily by Maya Angelou ($10): Maya Angelou, the renowned African American author, civil rights activist and poet, published more than one cookbook before her death in 2014. Among them was this classic, healthy collection of good-for-you recipes that are easy to portion out and mix-and-match. They’re perfect for busy people who need fresh, make-ahead recipes (who doesn’t fit that description, anyway?).
5. In the Kitchen With Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites by Kris Jenner ($16): Yes, she spelled “collection” with a K. And this cookbook is about as Kardashian as it gets, featuring all the recipes that little Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Rob, Kendall and Kylie ate as kids.
6. I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris ($12): Funny girl Amy Sedaris shows off her personality in her cookbook and entertaining guide. From creative recipes to serve kids to advice on how to entertain recovering alcoholics, Sedaris’s book tackles some of our often-unanswered questions about entertaining (such as, “What do I serve a group of lumberjacks?”). Yeah, that’s a thing.
7. Don’t Fill Up on the Antipasto: Tony Danza’s Father-Son Cookbook by Tony and Marc Danza ($17): How cute is it that Tony Danza and his dad wrote a cookbook together? The book features many of the Danza clan’s time-tested family recipes, helping you make authentic Italian eats in your own kitchen.
8. Eva’s Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends by Eva Longoria ($20): Whatever Eva Longoria’s eating, we’ll take some — and luckily, we can do just that, thanks to her cookbook! Texan- and Mexican-inspired cuisine made with fresh, seasonal ingredients is at the heart of this cookbook, which Eva released in 2011.
9. The Tucci Cookbook by Stanley Tucci ($22): Stanley Tucci’s Italian family recipes simply HAD to be shared with the world — which is precisely why the actor decided to publish a cookbook. Fresh veggies, hearty pastas, flavorful sauces and quality cheeses are the core components of this authentic Italian guide to cooking.
10. If It Makes You Healthy: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes Inspired by the Seasons by Sheryl Crow and Chuck White ($8): Sheryl Crow and her personal chef Chuck White put together this handy, health-centric cookbook to encourage people to eat seasonally. After battling breast cancer, Crow was inspired to start eating better and live a healthier lifestyle, and she wanted to share what she learned with her fans.
11. Recipes for the Good Life by Patti LaBelle ($16): It’s no secret that Patti LaBelle is indeed living the good life — she’s an original queen in her own right. And she’s decided to share her secrets in the kitchen with her millions of adoring fans.
12. BONUS! Coming soon: Food, Health and Happiness: “On Point” Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life by Oprah Winfrey: That’s right, folks, Oprah recently announced that she has a cookbook in the works! And it’s going to be chock full of healthy, fresh, homemade recipes. As if Oprah would ever release anything OTHER than a healthy cookbook.
For more celeb news and healthy recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
(Photo via Mike Windle/Getty)