Nail Summer’s ’70s Trend With a Fringe Mani
Nowadays, your mani game needs to be extra on point to complete your OMG-worthy ensemble. When your sartorial standards are so high, you can’t let your nail routine fall by the wayside! Cover all your beauty bases by sporting a new trend that will give the rest of your outfit a run for its money: fringe nails. While this ’70s accent is popular on clothes and accessories, it’ll work wonders on your digits too, with bold colors and hippie-inspired details (*perfect* for festival season). Unlike the bold geometry of tribal Aztec nail art, fringe nails incorporate small linear strokes that would work well with the bracelet nails trend, as well as simple, gold accents. Need some inspo for your next mani-pedi appointment? Here are nine ways to try this festival-inspired trend ASAP.
1. Confetti: Up the wow factor of your summertime nude mani by adding textured pieces on each nail for an all-day party look. Just remember to layer on a top coat to keep all the accessories in place.
2. Studs: Embrace your inner rocker chick with this intricate design. Pair the fringe with studs, gems and bracelets to give your concert-approved ensemble a bit of extra edge.
3. Half Mani: This negative-space mani is too cute to pass up — how adorable are those tiny fringe designs? Pair it with a cool pastel hue for a girly finish.
4. Boho Pedi: Give your toes the lovin’ they deserve with this stellar fringe style. Alternate base colors and add a bit of bling to turn heads at your next outdoor shindig.
5. Star Accents: Get a little playful with your nails with tribal- and fringe-printed nail wraps. Single out a bold nail for a healthy dose of contrast, or keep the designs uniform for a subtler effect.
6. Gold Details: To say we’re obsessed is a huge understatement. Take your fringe game to the next level by layering gold details over your nude nails. Keep your hues in the same color family for an aesthetically pleasing finish.
7. Purple Fringe: Take a more subtle approach to this trend by using only one or two colors. The only thing that would make this ’70s-esque mani look better is a stack of gold rings and a Barbie-pink lip.
8. Negative Space: Give your bare nails character by rocking a few trends simultaneously. Accent your digits with fringe designs and a bracelet effect, then add some 3D baubles for good measure.
9. Hippie Nails: Let your flower-child flag fly with these over-the-top boho-chic nails. This style will look OOC with a LWD, jeweled sandals and festival-approved sunnies.
Are you digging this hippie nail trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!