It’s hot and you’re craving something delicious and homemade. While a sweet treat sounds good, turning on your oven and making your kitchen even more sweltering than it already is does not. Besides, you want a delicious snack now, not after the oven is done preheating and then baking your creation. These 12 no-bake goodies pack the sweet without the heat.
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: Chocolate and peanut butter is truly an unbeatable combination. (Recipe and photo: Serious Eats)
2. Nutella Cheesecake: You had me at “nutella.” Seriously though, mini nutella cheesecakes that you don’t even have to bake? Count me in. (Recipe and photo: My Baking Addiction)
3. Grammy Graham Bon Bons: This recipe a. is easy. b. is crazy good. c. gives you an excuse to shake your bon bon. What are you waiting for? (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
4. Strawberry Lemonade Bites: There’s nothing better than a big glass of strawberry lemonade in the summer… except for these adorable and yummy strawberry lemonade bites. (Recipe and photo: Iowa Girl Eats)
5. Cake Batter Chocolate Truffles: This recipe is halfway between a cake ball and a truffle, but all the way delicious. (Recipe and photo: Averie Cooks)
6. Brownies: Vegan, no-bake, and chock-full of good-for-you ingredients like fruits and nuts, these might be the coolest brownies ever. (Recipe and photo: One Green Planet)
7. Key Lime Mini Pies: These tart, sweet, mouth-watering little pies would make the perfect finish to any summer gathering. (Recipe and photo: Real Mom Kitchen)
8. Samoa Cookie Bars: If you’re all out of Girl Scout Cookies (the horror!), get your fix with these no-bake bars. (Recipe and photo: The Family Kitchen)
9. Lemon Coconut Bars: Two killer summer flavors come together in perfect harmony for these goodies. (Recipe and photo: A Splash of Vanilla)
10. Little Bites of Heaven: These might be the cutest things I’ve ever seen. Who can turn down raspberries stuffed with heavenly cheesecake and lemon-flavored goodness? (Recipe and photo: Made With Pink)
11. White Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake: These guys are pretty handsome and dapper. In fact, it’s hard to believe that they only took 30 minutes to make! (Recipe and photo: Bakers Royale)
12. S’mores Pie: This is like a summer night around the campfire put right into a pie for your enjoyment inside and out. Ghost stories not included. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
Do you have a favorite no-bake treat? How do you keep it cool and delicious in the kitchen all summer long? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us your thoughts.