9 Brit-Approved Ways to Wear Glitter Makeup
After sharing our top picks for perfect holiday party dresses (both long and short), as well as head-turning heels, it should be obvious by now that here at Brit + Co. the holidays are all about glitz! And that goes for makeup too, because ladies, by now you should know that you totally can make glitter and shimmer makeup look high class. We swear! Why else would we show you these nine Brit-approved ways to wear it? Check out how easy it is to incorporate into your look for the holidays, and beyond!
1. Golden Sun: We’ll ease you into this roundup with a radiant look by one of our fave beauty bloggers (read: girl crush), Keiko Lynn. Metallic gold liquid eyeliner not only adds definition against the shimmering gold eyeshadow, but also helps to brighten up the eyes. (via Keiko Lynn)
2. Glitter Wing Tips: Here’s another glitter makeup for beginners look: add glitter to a colorful wing tip. Once you draw your base line—be sure to choose a colorful liner, like this romantic pink—simply add a matching shade of loose glitter on top. You can take this look to the next level by adding glitter to a bold cat eye. (via Veko Revyn)
3. Eye Brightening Tutorial: Before we kick it into party glitter mode, we had to share this everyday shimmer look that we’re totally obsessed with. Apply shades of white and silver from the bottom of your eye all the way up to your brow for a foolproof way to make your eyes pop. (via LuLu’s)
4. Gold Glitter Eyes: The classic smokey eye gets a gilded makeover with this glittery look. We love how she amped up this statement eye with electric blue liner and mascara—the color contrasts beautifully with the rich brown tones that emerge from the mix of gold and black eyeshadows. Don’t forget to go all out with a matching mani! (via Keiko Lynn)
5. Red Glitter Lips: Amp up the perfect red lip with a dab or two of glitter. This power duo is a must-wear for your next holiday party—just remember to seal the deal with a swipe of clear gloss. (via The Beauty Department)
6. Violent Lips Glitterati Mix ($5): You guys have to have seen Violent Lips around by now—you know, the crazy-patterned temporary lip tattoos (yes, thats right: temporary lip tattoos). Well as we just mentioned, these suckers come in about every design imaginable, including some serious sparkle. Pucker up in 10 wild shades that include pink, silver, and even blue glitter lips! (via Michele Phan)
7. Gold and Coral Glitter Eyes: We’re smitten with this lovely color combination of metallic gold and peachy coral. It’s such a pretty way to soften up a bold look—rock with a navy dress or grey blazer at your office holiday bash! (via Keiko Lynn)
8. Grown-Up Glitter Eyes: For a super sophisticated take on how to wear glitter makeup, check out this video tutorial from Refinery29. To get this effortlessly luxe look, use a more fine glitter and contain the sparkling dust to just the lid. (via Refinery29)
9. Dramatic Glitter Eyes: Go all-out glam with this glitter makeup look taken straight off the runway. Inspired by opulent, avant-garde art shows with a hint of 60s It-girl flair, these dramatic glitter eyes are fit for sceensters and fashion-forward style mavens alike. (via Refinery29)
Will you dare to wear glitter makeup this holiday season? What about the rest of the year? What are your go-to holiday makeup looks? Tell us about your favorite makeuptutorials in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)