12 Goat Cheese Appetizer Recipes Perfect for Holiday Entertaining
When the holidays roll around, we start planning parties, like formal Friendsgivings and retro cocktail soirees. But even if you have your big batch cocktail recipes all lined up and a showstopping entree in mind, you still need an appetizer to keep guests satisfied. We love tangy, flavorful goat cheese, which pairs well with ingredients both sweet and savory. These 12 appetizer recipes will whet your guests’ appetites, so they’re ready for that next cup of punch and excited when the main course arrives.
1. Beet and Goat Cheese Stuffed Endive: This appetizer is a classic for a reason. It’s got a well-balanced flavor profile thanks to the bitter endive, tangy goat cheese, and sweet, earthy beets. (via My Life Cookbook)
2. Goat Cheese and Fig Crostini: We love serving crostini at parties. Not only is it easy to assemble, but you can pack surprisingly big flavors onto each little toast. (via Contes et Delices)
3. Baked Pears With Goat Cheese and Honey: Elegant and seasonal, this appetizer is the perfect way to start a meal. It’s creamy and sweet, with just a little crunch, thanks to the pecans sprinkled on top. (via Culinary Ginger)
4. Mini Zucchini, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Cakes: Serve these little cakes in a bread basket, or along with a cheese board. They’re moist, savory, and pair well with a variety of other flavors. (via Contes et Delices)
5. Prosciutto, Fig Jam, and Caramelized Onion Flatbread: Salty, sweet, and grassy, naan flatbread pizza makes for a delicious appetizer when cut into small slices or squares. It’s easy enough to make that you could even serve it as an entree, with each guest getting their own. (via The Yummy Muffin)
6. Baked Spinach and Goat Cheese Croquettes: You can make these croquettes, crispy on the outside, creamy inside, ahead of time. Just reheat them in the oven before your party. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
7. Whipped Goat Cheese: For holiday celebrations, swap out the ranch dip for something a little swankier. This light, whipped goat cheese is a tangy accompaniment to crudités and crackers. (via Green Valley Kitchen)
8. Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños: Jalapeño poppers get a makeover in this recipe. Instead of cream cheese, they’re stuffed with something a little more flavorful, then wrapped in smokey bacon for added complexity. (via Cake n Knife)
9. Baked Goat Cheese With Walnuts and Beets: Serve this salad with toast points and a tangy vinaigrette. (via Liscus by Linda)
10. Grilled Lamb Kebab Platter With Basil Goat Cheese: Let guests pick and choose from this generously portioned lamb kebab platter. Serve with pita bread, basil goat cheese, and hummus. (via Coffee and Crayons)
11. Marinated Goat Cheese With Garlic and Thyme: Starters don’t get much easier than this dish. Serve it with a variety of bread and crackers and herbs sprinkled on top for color and flavor. (via Nerds With Knives)
12. Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Hummus: This hummus recipe is far from boring. It’s got a smokey, sweet flavor thanks to roasted red bell pepper, and just a bit of tang thanks to goat cheese. (via Philoso Kitchen)
For more holiday entertaining inspiration, follow us on Pinterest.