5 Gold Makeup Looks to Bring Out Your Inner Goddess
Ready to go for the gold… on your face? The bronzed goddess look is a gorgeous one for summer, and it’s hot, hot, hot! It’s also a great way to turn your daytime makeup into nighttime golden glam if you’re heading straight from work to a sizzlin’ date night.
Here are our eight favorite golden makeup products. Obviously, you don’t need to stock up on ALL of these just yet — but can pick and choose a few to get your glow on ;)
3. Naked Eyeshadow Palette
4. Stila Magnificent Metal Foil in Dusty Rose
5. NARS Taj Mahal
6. Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold
7. MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze
8. MAC Pro Mixing Medium
Now, see how we transform five totally different ladies into full-on golden goddesses!
On the left, Krystle rocks a perfectly natural daytime look. On the right? A gal that is ready to hit the town! :)
Day to Night Perfection
1. Use Stila Magnificent Metal Foil in Dusty Rose on your eyelids. You can buy an applicator or just use the back of a regular makeup brush to apply. Gently tap the end of the makeup brush into the shadow and then gently tap the product onto your eyelids. You can use your finger to blend even more if you would like.
2. For a little dimension use MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze with a shadow brush. You want to use a stippling motion to lay the glitter over the Stila shadow without rubbing it off. Apply to the outer crease and along the top lashline.
3. Add your favorite black eyeliner by “tightlining” your eyes, lining the inside of your upper lash line and waterline.
4. Throw on a couple coats of mascara.
5. Apply Benefit Sun Beam on your cheekbones using a foundation brush.
6. Using the same glitter that you used on your eyelids, apply a little over your cheeks as blush and gently over the Sun Beam for a really beautiful golden sheen.
7. For your lips you can use Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold by itself, or apply the same MAC glitter with your finger tip directly on top of it for an even deeper color.
Lisa goes from bright-eyed to smoldering with just a few key makeup tricks!
Smoldering Golden Glow
1. Apply Half Baked by Naked all over your eyelids with a shadow brush.
2. Now add Darkhorse by Naked to the outer corner and crease of your eyelids.
3. Use a shadow base like MAC Pro Mixing Medium onto the center of your eyelids, the inner corners of your eyes and the brow bone with your finger tip.
4. Now go over the base you just applied and add a light layer of the MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze over it.
5. Use your favorite black eyeliner to create a soft winged eyeliner.
6. Add a thin line of the glitter along your lower lash line.
7. Add your favorite mascara.
8. Add Benefit Sun Beam to your cheekbones.
9. Top off this look with Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold on your lips!
On Anj, it’s all about the glitter. You could totally rock this look in the daytime as well.
Glittery Gold by Day
1. Best glitter product EVER = Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy! Use this to create a dramatic cateye liner.
2. If your skin is a little deeper in complexion Nars’s Taj Mahal is a beautiful pigment that will give you a bright golden shimmer. Use on the apples of your cheeks and even up onto your cheekbones.
3. Apply Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold to your lips.
4. Add a few coats of mascara to really allow the gold liner to pop!
Ashley’s naturally bronzed skin makes a great palette for pumping up the golden glow.
1. Apply NARS Taj Mahal to your cheeks and eyelids with a blush or bronzer brush.
2. Add a somewhat dramatic cateye with black eyeliner.
3. Use Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy on your lower lash line.
5. Mascara, mascara, mascara!
Finally, yours truly! ;)
Playful Pops of Gold
1. Apply MAC Pro Mixing Medium as a base to your entire eyelid.
2. Gently layer MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze over the base onto your whole eyelid.
3. For a fun contrast apply Sin by Naked onto the inner corners of your eyes and onto your brow bones.
4. Use a dark brown eyeliner along your lower lash line as a base for more glitter.
5. Use a liner brush to add the same MAC glitter over the liner.
6. Add a couple coats of mascara.
7. Add Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy on top of your mascara and place a couple dots on the outer corners of your eyes like a cateye only using dots.
8. Using a foundation brush apply Benefit’s Sun Beam to your cheeks and cheekbones as a base for the glitter.
9. Apply MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze as your blush.
10. Finally some lip gloss Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold.
Now those are some golden goddesses, if we do say so ourselves! ;)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)