5 Gold Makeup Looks to Bring Out Your Inner Goddess
Ready to go for the gold… on your face? The bronzed goddess look is a gorgeous one for summer, and it’s hot, hot, hot! It’s also a great way to turn your daytime makeup into nighttime golden glam if you’re heading straight from work to a sizzlin’ date night.
Here are our eight favorite golden makeup products. Obviously, you don’t need to stock up on ALL of these just yet — but can pick and choose a few to get your glow on ;)
1. Benefit Sun Beam
2. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy
3. Naked Eyeshadow Palette
4. Stila Magnificent Metal Foil in Dusty Rose
5. NARS Taj Mahal
6. Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold
7. MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze
8. MAC Pro Mixing Medium
Now, see how we transform five totally different ladies into full-on golden goddesses!
Day to Night Perfection
On the left, Krystle rocks a perfectly natural daytime look. On the right? A gal that is ready to hit the town! :)
1. Use Stila Magnificent Metal Foil in Dusty Rose on your eyelids. You can buy an applicator or just use the back of a regular makeup brush to apply. Gently tap the end of the makeup brush into the shadow and then gently tap the product onto your eyelids. You can use your finger to blend even more if you would like.
2. For a little dimension use MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze with a shadow brush. You want to use a stippling motion to lay the glitter over the Stila shadow without rubbing it off. Apply to the outer crease and along the top lashline.
3. Add your favorite black eyeliner by “tightlining” your eyes, lining the inside of your upper lash line and waterline.
4. Throw on a couple coats of mascara.
5. Apply Benefit Sun Beam on your cheekbones using a foundation brush.
6. Using the same glitter that you used on your eyelids, apply a little over your cheeks as blush and gently over the Sun Beam for a really beautiful golden sheen.
7. For your lips you can use Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold by itself, or apply the same MAC glitter with your finger tip directly on top of it for an even deeper color.
Smoldering Golden Glow
Lisa goes from bright-eyed to smoldering with just a few key makeup tricks!
1. Apply Half Baked by Naked all over your eyelids with a shadow brush.
2. Now add Darkhorse by Naked to the outer corner and crease of your eyelids.
3. Use a shadow base like MAC Pro Mixing Medium onto the center of your eyelids, the inner corners of your eyes and the brow bone with your finger tip.
4. Now go over the base you just applied and add a light layer of the MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze over it.
5. Use your favorite black eyeliner to create a soft winged eyeliner.
6. Add a thin line of the glitter along your lower lash line.
7. Add your favorite mascara.
8. Add Benefit Sun Beam to your cheekbones.
9. Top off this look with Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold on your lips!
Glittery Gold by Day
On Anj, it’s all about the glitter. You could totally rock this look in the daytime as well.
1. Best glitter product EVER = Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy! Use this to create a dramatic cateye liner.
2. If your skin is a little deeper in complexion Nars’s Taj Mahal is a beautiful pigment that will give you a bright golden shimmer. Use on the apples of your cheeks and even up onto your cheekbones.
3. Apply Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold to your lips.
4. Add a few coats of mascara to really allow the gold liner to pop!
Ashley’s naturally bronzed skin makes a great palette for pumping up the golden glow.
1. Apply NARS Taj Mahal to your cheeks and eyelids with a blush or bronzer brush.
2. Add a somewhat dramatic cateye with black eyeliner.
3. Use Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy on your lower lash line.
5. Mascara, mascara, mascara!
Playful Pops of Gold
Finally, yours truly! ;)
1. Apply MAC Pro Mixing Medium as a base to your entire eyelid.
2. Gently layer MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze over the base onto your whole eyelid.
3. For a fun contrast apply Sin by Naked onto the inner corners of your eyes and onto your brow bones.
4. Use a dark brown eyeliner along your lower lash line as a base for more glitter.
5. Use a liner brush to add the same MAC glitter over the liner.
6. Add a couple coats of mascara.
7. Add Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner in Midnight Cowboy on top of your mascara and place a couple dots on the outer corners of your eyes like a cateye only using dots.
8. Using a foundation brush apply Benefit’s Sun Beam to your cheeks and cheekbones as a base for the glitter.
9. Apply MAC Glitter in Reflects Bronze as your blush.
10. Finally some lip gloss Wet N Wild Mega Slicks in Rose Gold.
Now those are some golden goddesses, if we do say so ourselves! ;)
What are your favorite summer makeup trends? Talk to us in the comments below.