It’s easy enough to grill up a chicken dinner and pass out lemonade in red Solo cups… but dessert? That can be a bit more daunting. There’s only so many times you can serve sliced fruit before you start to get the “watermelon again?” eye roll from your family. Here’s our take: If grilling and eating alfresco are two of the best parts of summer, then why go back inside for dessert? We’ve got 16 decadent grilled desserts you can throw together in minutes.
3. Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Skewers With White Chocolate Glaze: These skewered sweets are like summer on a stick. The grill takes the tart edge off the pineapple, making the combo even sweeter. If you use wooden skewers, just remember to submerge them in water for 30 minutes before threading on the fruit. (via A Zesty Bite)
4. Tropical S’mores: Summer’s all about light bites, so it only makes sense that we’d concoct lighter versions of our faves. These s’mores have an island twist, featuring two white chocolate chip cookies sandwiching a gooey marshmallow, coconut and grilled fruit filling. (via Very Culinary)
6. Grilled S’mores Bananas: We’re using the grill to dish up some unexpected treats… like these grilled banana pockets. Stuffing the bananas is so simple, but better make a double batch… everyone will be back for another bite! (via Neighbor Food Blog)
7. Summer Berry Sweet Pizza: This grilled berry pie is just gorgeous. Master this ‘za with a few tips and tricks, then experiment with new combinations. Double the dough and save half. Breakfast pizza, anyone? (via Donal Skehan)
9. Grilled Pineapple With Yoghurt Dip: There’s something intoxicating about the thought of a cool treat at the end of a hot summer day. Add citrus to it, and you have a mini-vacation on a plate. (via Cubes ‘n’ Juliennes)
10. Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches: Grilled chocolate sammies? Count us in! Brush a few slices of pound cake with preserves, top with chocolate and grill two to four minutes on each side until the chocolate gets melty and the cake is slightly crisp. (via Taste and Tell)
11. Grilled Pineapple Skewers With Coconut Caramel Sauce: Fire can do spectacular things for fruit, and the coconut caramel topping on this version is epic. As soon as these decadent desserts are ready to come off the grill, you’ll be reaching for a skewer. (via Curry and Comfort)
12. Grilled Pears With Cinnamon Drizzle: When we started thinking about dessert for dinner, these drizzled pears came to mind. Hey, those nuts are packed with protein! If you wanted to get a little crazy, you could always add a couple scoops of ice cream to each plate. (via A House in the Hills)
13. Vegan Deconstructed Mocha-Drenched Coconut Cream Pies: You can whip up this indulgent coconut cream pie in minutes! It’s essentially all the goodness of a sundae/yogurt/pie in one bowl. Grill up some bananas and grab your toppings. You don’t want to miss out on this dessert! (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Grilled Mascarpone Peaches With Salted Bourbon Caramel: If summer intensifies your longing for something fresh, this juicy dish is for you. Grilling peaches is the key to achieving a mellow caramelized flavor, and the caramel drizzle is a brilliant addition. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
15. Grilled Pineapple With Nutella and Macadamia Nuts: We’re embracing the summer vacation vibe these days. This means that any foods requiring more than 10 minutes of cooking is NLOM (no longer on menu). After dinner, grill a couple pineapple slices, then top with Nutella and toasted pine nuts. Couldn’t be easier (or more delicious!) (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
Did we leave out your favorite sweet grilled creation? Leave your mark in the comments below!