These 10 Cool-Girl Hairstyles Will Make You Want Bangs STAT
If you’re anything like us, you get a serious case of hair envy every time you scroll through an Insta-feed full of swoon-worthy dos. But nothing has us reaching for the scissors quite like a style featuring It Girl-approved bangs. If they look good on them, they must look good on us, right? We get it. From baby bangs to shaggy styles, bangs are kinda a big deal right now. So if you’re thinking of scheduling an appointment to turn your bang dreams into reality, don’t fret — we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 hairstyles that will make you want bangs ASAP.
1. Long, Angled Bangs: What better way to show off your pastel strands than with an ombre bang that highlights your natural color? Blow your bangs out with a slight angle to soften the overall look.
2. Long, Straight Layers: Want to add some drama to your hairdo? Copy this fashion blogger’s bangin’ do with long, straight strands that feature a fierce set of blunt cut bangs.
3. Wispy: Just because you want bangs doesn’t mean they have to be blunt and bold. Give this season’s shaggy style a test drive with loosely tousled strands that give off major “woke-up-like-this” vibes.
4. Baby Bangs: Guys, remember the ’90s?! Ugh, that was basically an entire decade dedicated to the power of baby bangs. Opt to cut an inch or two above your brows for a unique take on a favorite trend.
5. Side Bangs: Wavy-haired girls, this do’s for you! Get your flirt on with side-swept bangs made of long layers and naturally wavy strands. Whether your hair is cropped and cute or long and lush, this sweet style will get you where you’re going.
6. Just Below the Brow: Yes to all of this. We don’t know what to love more — this Instababe’s choppy long bangs that fall just below her brow or the ah-mazing purple highlights that add just the right amount of edge to this daring do?! Pro tip: Spritz a bit of hairspray onto a comb and brush it through your bangs to keep them in place.
7. Bowl-cut Bangs: If traditional styles aren’t exactly your thang, then bring on the bowl-cut bang to frame your face in the most whimsical way possible. Trust us, they’ll highlight your facial features due to their tight blunt cut around the crown of your head.
8. Curly Bangs: Don’t worry, curly-haired cuties. We didn’t forget about you! Volume is the name of the game with this must-have style. Be adventurous and cut your strands at different angles to give your coiled bangs more height and depth.
9. Short and Sweet: If it’s good enough for Zoey Deschanel, then it’s good enough for us. Keep your strands cropped tight and right to show off some fanciful fringe that is truly a-dork-able.
10. Thick and Full: This hairdo is perfect for ladies who have thinner hair. The thicker you cut your bangs, the fuller they will look. Take it up a notch by asking your stylist for a blunt hairstyle to take your look to a truly head-turning level.
Would you ever try this look? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.