You’ve got your costume. You’re already DIYing up your decor. And your menu of creepy little goodies is in place. Now it’s time to start focusing on the details. And our first stop is a big one. It’s your hair. We’ve pulled together 17 hairstyles that’ll get you so much closer to being the most It ghoul of All Hallows’ Eve. It’s about to get spooky up in hair.
1. Faux Bangs: Going as Zooey Deschanel or Lucille Ball this Halloween? Try faux bangs to top off your costume. After some hair spray and a couple of bobby pins, you’ll be a leading lady in no time. And the best part? You can go back to your normal hairstyle the next day. (via The Freckled Fox)
2. Cindy Lou Who: This Dr. Seuss-inspired ‘do is sure to turn heads on Halloween. You don’t need to live in Whoville to work this look. With a plastic Jell-O cup and a couple of braids, you’ll fit into a Dr. Seuss story like nobody’s business. Now you just need to find your Grinch! (via Super Coupon Lady)
3. Medusa: This is a great last-minute Halloween look. Have a white dress? Gold jewelry? You’re more than half way there. Stick some braids and snakes on your head, and you’ll be good to go. (via The Joy of Fashion)
4. Frida Kahlo: Let’s face it: Eyebrows are in, so this is the perfect time to rock a Frida Kahlo costume. This look is pretty intricate, requiring around 30 bobby pins and craft flowers, so plan accordingly. (via Refinery 29)
8. Gatsby ‘Do: If we could dress in ’20s garb every day, we would. But since that’s not totally realistic, we’ll do it up properly on October 31st. Get this ‘do with soft curls, braids, a shiny headband and a fringe dress. (via Pravana)
9. Pippi Longstocking: We are loving this look, but if you plan on pulling off Pippi, don’t forget wire and wire cutters. From there, you’ll just need braided pig tails and some ribbons. (via Makezine)
10. Amy Winehouse: Want to try this classic Amy Winehouse ‘do without ripping your hair out? We are loving this tutorial, because you can get the teased look without the broken and damaged hair. The secret? There’s a bath loofa in there! (via The Freckled Fox)
11. Braided Cat Ears: When a simple hairstyle can be the anchor of your entire costume, well that’s when you know you’ve found something special. Grab some pipe cleaner and some basic braiding skills and poof! You’re the cat’s meow. (via Gina Michele)
14. Bride of Frankenstein: There’s hardly a more iconic hairstyle than The Bride of Frankenstein. We’re not going to lie. You need some skills to pull this one off, but if you do it, you’ll be the Beelzebub of the ball! (via Iris J)
15. Karl Lagerfeld: Who do all little fashion-obsessed girls grow up wanting to dress up as for Halloween? Karl Lagerfeld, and now they can thanks to this step by step tutorial. Choupette not included. (via Refinery29)
16. Beehive: When talking hair, beehive might bring a different image to mind. But with a few twists of the wrist, you’ll be buzzing around the shindig without the help of any elixirs. (via Martha Stewart)
What’s your go-to Halloween ‘do? Will you pull a Cindy Lou this year? Tell us in the comments below!