35 of the Best Women’s Halloween Costumes to Snag Online
If you haven’t figured it out yet, we love Halloween. It might very well be our favorite holiday of the whole year. I mean, who doesn’t love a night out with candy and costumes? And while we have spent the past few weeks digging up some of the raddest costumes to DIY, we know some of you lazy buns might wait till the last minute to plan your big reveal.
Thus, we took to the Internets to find some of the best (and least overdone) costumes for women to buy. The best part? Almost all of these are available on Amazon; and if you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can even snag most of them overnight!
We suggest favoriting this post, especially if you’re a procrastinator who knows you likely won’t remember to buy a costume until the week of Halloween. (You know who you are. Don’t worry, you can thank us later.)
1. Harry from Dumb and Dumber Costume ($48): “We got no food, no jobs… OUR PETS’ HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!” What a classic, quotable movie. If you like this costume, then you may want to check out the following one, too.
2. Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber Costume ($45): “Pull over!” “No, it’s a cardigan, but thanks.” “Yeah, killer boots man!” <– a sampling of things you should repeat all night if you wear this costume.
3. Mummy Costume ($40): Have you seen the Mummy Door we featured on the Today Show recently? This costume would go great with it, especially if you’re handing out candy on the doorstep. Also a great way one for moms-to-be… er, mums-to-be ;)
4. Bun in the Oven Costume ($28): An alternative for all of you moms-to-be who are a bit further along in the process.
5. Ms. Sock Monkey Costume ($28): For all of you crafty gals, this one is just too darn adorable. Look at the hair piece!
6. Lady Gaga Swimsuit Costume ($32): We’re (still) googoo for Gaga. This costume is not advised for the bodily conscious, but we’re sure it will garner you “applause” all night.
7. Juno Costume ($20): A simple, affordable costume that most everyone will recognize. Also a good one for any pregnant ladies out there. Or those that just want to freak their boyfriend out.
8. A League of Their Own Costume ($48): Is it just us, or do you immediately think of Rosie O’Donnell chewing gum when you see this?
9. The Flintsones Wilma Costume ($22): Great as a solo costume, or grab the Betty and/or Fred version if you want to bring your beau or your BFF with you on Halloween night.
10. Jessie from Toy Story Costume ($35): Who doesn’t love Toy Story? This is a solid pick for animated film lovers, or any cowgirl. Remember to practice that country accent!
13. Rubber Cat Suit Costume ($69): Okay, we know this isn’t really anything super unique, but holy cow is it hot! It’s kind of like the black version of Britney Spears’s “Crazy” music video outfit. Maybe it could also be repurposed as a Dead Britney costume?
14. Star Wars Stormtrooper Costume ($64): Bust out your inner geek girl (and score all the geek guys) by rocking your most bad ass Stormtrooper this Halloween.
15. Inflatable Cowgirl Costume ($42): Wait. This is hilarious. Someone please wear this and send us a pic?
16. Athenian Goddess Costume ($19): Is it us, or does this totally remind you of the Saved by the Bell episode where Kelly and Zack go to the prom together as Romeo and Juliet? This is the dress he gives her to wear… before they, so so sadly, break up. #zackandkellyforever
17. Wonder Woman ($33): Okay okay. We know we said these costumes were meant to be “not overdone” but really, can anyone ever resist Wonder Woman? We say no.
18. Ursula Costume ($77): In a Halloween world where many girls are mermaids, why not be the sea witch? Plus, those tentacles are kind of rad.
19. Carmen Sandiego Costume ($49): We know this one would be fairly easy to DIY, but if you don’t have the red coat and hat, you can snag the duo here. This one is particularly great because you could probably repurpose the coat post-Halloween without necessarily looking like a girl who wanders the world.
21. Corpse Countess Costume ($150): The most expensive on the list, yes, but dare we say, also one of the best? You’re sure to win a contest if you end up with this gem.
22. Olive Oyl Costume ($25): We recommend finding a buff dude to go as your Popeye. Or someone who would be willing to dress up as a chicken. (Get it?)
23. I Love Lucy Costume ($26): Because she is one of the most adorable TV personalities of all time. And because we love polka dots.
25. Angry Birds Dress ($12): We know, we know. Angry Birds are a bit overdone. But this dress costs $12! That’s less than most dinners out. We recommend penciling in some dirty, angry eyebrows if you rock this look.
26. Crayola Tank Dress ($21): We have a deep passion for crayons and think this is the perfect costume for all of you extra artistic ladies out there.
27. Crayola Crayon Box Dress ($47): An alternative to the above, this one is also a great way to show off your creative energy. We think it’d be ideal for a teacher to wear!
29. Adult VooDoo Doll Costume ($50): Remember to practice your crazy voodoo face before wearing this one out on the town.
30. Marge Simpson Costume ($38): Pro tip: style this one out with a DIY cozy that says DUFF on it. Then wrap around your drink on Halloween night.
31. Nerds Tank Dresses ($35): A fun group costume, but also great on its own. As it’s definitely higher on the skin-revealing side, we recommend wearing tights or leggings unless you want to literally go “all out” this year.
32. Tootsie Roll Dress ($20): Let me see your tootsie roll! To the left, to the left, to the right, to the right… this one screams dance party.
33. Skittles Tank Dress ($18): For the girl who loves her rainbows. Idea: Combine Skittles, Tootsie Roll and Nerds if you and your girls want to dress up together. How “sweet.”
34. Foxy Lady Costume ($44): It’s bound to be one of the most popular costumes of 2013, so if you are going to go for it, go all the way.
35. Bacon Dress ($23): Yes, now you can even dress up as everyone’s favorite food. This one is sure to score you a few mouth-watering looks from the gentlemen this Halloween.
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.