Promising to love each other until death do you part takes on a whole new meaning when you tie the knot on or around Halloween, the most spooktacular night of the year. Whether you decide to keep your theme festive and friendly or make things all-around ghoulish and ghostly, it’s easy to infuse your day with plenty of treats and even a few unexpected tricks along the way. Ready to leave family and friends dying for more? Let these 20 unique ideas inspire good times and happy haunts for all.
1. Ouija Board Invitations ($4): What does the future hold? All will be revealed when you send out Ouija-inspired invitations.
2. Lace Mask + Black Dress: Turn heads by stepping out in a bold black dress and totally non-traditional lace mask. (via The Knotty Bride)
3. Striped Socks: Banish boring groomsmen ensembles with the addition of stylish striped socks. (via The Knot)
4. Rustic Woodland Venue: An eerie woodland setting is just perfect for a rustic October wedding. (via Bridal Musings)
5. Orange Ranunculus Bouquets: These ranunculus bouquets are simple yet eye-catching, as are the bridesmaids’ Halloween-inspired nail polish. (via The Knot)
6. Flower-Filled Lanterns: Flower-filled lanterns make great bouquets and can easily double as centerpieces. (via Bridal Guide)
7. Hanging Jack-o’-Lanterns: Votives and mason jars may be a pretty choice for spring or summer weddings, but Halloween nuptials call for something even more creative. Line the aisle with brightly gleaming jack-o’-lanterns for a fun, unexpected twist. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
8. Skewered Jack-o’-Lantern Drink Stirrer: Dress up your signature cocktail with “carved” clementine orange peels that look just like miniature jack-o’-lanterns. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
9. Pumpkin Cooler: Ditch the traditional punch bowl and create your own pumpkin “cooler” instead. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Painted Pumpkin Escort Cards: What would a Halloween wedding be without pumpkin-themed escort cards? Give yours a glamorous twist by adding metallic paint to miniature gourds. (via A Pretty Vintage Affair)
11. Classic Pumpkin Escort Cards: In case the idea of gold or silver shimmer doesn’t do it for you, these simple pumpkins promise a less formal look that’s still wickedly cool. (via Bridal Guide)
12. Vampire Teeth Escort Cards: Wishing you could tie the knot inside Dracula’s castle? These escort cards let you channel the vibe without biting off more than you can chew. (via BuzzFeed)
13. Skull Place Cards: Silver skulls bring sleek style to your table. (via Bridal Guide)
14. Pomegranate Place Cards: Remember studying Greek mythology in school? Pomegranate place cards honor Persephone, queen of the underworld, while adding pretty pops of color to a glam black and gold tablescape. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
15. Dia de los Muertos Place Settings: Give your day a Dia de los Muertos vibe with brightly colored skulls at each guest’s place setting. (via Wedding Chicks)
16. Masquerade-Inspired Decor: Gold candelabras, ghost chairs, dark stemware and hanging ravens perfectly set the stage for a marvelous masquerade. (via 100 Layer Cake)
17. Branch-Inspired Decor: Dark branches make creative additions to centerpieces, while naming tables after vintage horror films like The Birds and Sweeney Todd adds a playful touch of terror. (via The Loveliest Day)
18. Autumn-Inspired Cake: Dripping frosting in coppery-orange helps give this autumn-inspired cake a spooky, Halloween-appropriate vibe. (via Ruffled)
19. Ombre Cake: Along with the ombre effect, we adore the super cute pumpkin topper on this rustic, ruffled cake. (via The Big Fat Indian Wedding)
20. Dessert Table: If there’s ever a perfect time to go all out on a dessert table at your wedding, Halloween’s definitely it. From creating striped and studded no-carve pumpkins to designing a creepy bug-inspired cake, our tutorials make it fun and easy to steal this cool, classy look. (via Brit + Co)
Are you planning a Halloween wedding? Share your own wicked plans in the comments below or on Facebook!