17 Spooky Serving Pieces for Your Halloween Bash
When you’re thinking about all the decorating you need to do for your Halloween party, it’s easy to focus on the pumpkins and haunted house decorations and forget all about your table. But with this collection of spooky serving pieces, you’ll scare up a great buffet setup in no time. Plus, several of these pieces can be used on into the fall. Ready to see the picks? Let’s dish!
1. Spider Web Bowl: This spooky spider bowl is made with simple craft paint and painter’s tape. It’s a quick and inexpensive project that will be perfect for your Halloween party. (via Merriment Design)
3. Spooky Canape Plates ($6 each): These skull plates will add a creepy touch to your party buffet table, or your lunch hour during the month of October.
5. Halloween Clip Art Plates: While these plates are more for display, you could also create a food-friendly version by using food-safe paint instead of paper stencils and Mod Podge. (via Lovely Messes)
6. Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron Pumpkin Casserole ($170): Yes, this pumpkin casserole dish is an investment, but you can use it for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.
8. Spellbook Treat Jar ($13): Halloween lovers and Harry Potter fans alike will be enchanted by this cookie jar. The skull handle is an especially nice touch.
10. Skull Stein ($11): Who wouldn’t want to drink their beer out of a skull stein? It’s the perfect preparation for the zombie apocalypse.
11. Halloween Mugs and Bowl: For those who prefer to go classic rather than spooky, these simple painted mugs are just the ticket. You can use craft paint or the permanent marker method. (via The Cards We Drew)
12. Raven Dinnerware: This might be our favorite Halloween place setting! The charger has Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven written out on it, and the plate simply says “Nevermore.” (via Brooklyn Limestone)
13. Ghost Bowl Candy Dish ($26): A trio of gasping ghosts is the perfect candy dish to use for trick-or-treaters, or you can use it on your desk leading up to the holidays. (Your co-workers will definitely be fans.)
14. Spider Web Cake Stand ($20): The hanging spiders on this stand make it really take the cake.
15. Mummy Mug ($10): You can’t go wrong with these mummy mugs. They are perfect for your morning coffee or a potent punch!
16. Zombie Contessa ($139): This Etsy seller paints spooky portraits on thrifted, vintage dishware. The results are eerie and ethereal.
17. Muertos Bowls ($28 for four): If your party is taking more of a day of the dead theme, you’ll need these ornate skull bowls. The only thing that’s missing is some color!
How are you prepping for your Halloween party this year? Tell us in the comments!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!