20 Hands-Free Fall Camera Bags for Busy Girls Everywhere
Places to go, people to see — you know the drill. If there’s one bag silhouette self-proclaimed busy girls everywhere will be flocking to this fall, it’s a versatile camera bag that always hits the mark. And did we mention they require zero effort? Toss ‘em on with boyfriend jeans, a pinafore dress or even a ball gown come wedding season for a look that demands attention. Going hand-in-hand with the other it-bag of the season (mini bucket bags, we’re looking at you!), it won’t be long before you’re just as smitten with the classic camera bag’s boxy shape and cross-body strap. As you usher in a rotation of flawless fall outfit formulas, be sure to invest in one (or three) of these 20 camera bags today.
1. Rebecca Minkoff Sofia Box Cross Body Bag ($245): Be still our hearts: It looks like playful tassels are still having a moment after all. Incorporate some post-festival season flair into your fall wardrobe with this blogger-approved Rebecca Minkoff cross-body bag that has major street style bait potential. Run, don’t walk, to snag it before it’s gone.
2. Kenzo Neoprene Camera Bag ($355): This fluorescent green neoprene camera bag is making us want to run out and invest in ALL the athleisure things. Don’t hesitate to team this bad boy with an off-duty hoodie, leather joggers and monochromatic kicks for a contemporary street-inspired look.
3. BAGGU Mini Crossbody Bag ($120): Don’t fall into the trap of only wearing neutrals this fall — a little pop of color via your #BOTD (bag of the day) will go a long way. Toss this minty green cross-body bag on alongside your chunky knits and riding boots for a weekend spent out and about.
4. & Other Stories Braided Shoulder Bag ($125): Snoozy bucket bag? Not on our watch. This structured camera bag featuring a braided design was made to be tossed on with a lazy girl-approved pullover and denim button-front skirt for a getup that screams effortless style.
5. Cynthia Rowley Felix Cross Body Bag ($95): Can you count the ways to channel a grown-up prep school look this fall? While your collegiate days may be over, this navy and pink striped bag is begging to be teamed with a varsity bomber jacket, cropped flares and Stan Smiths. Come date night, an ultra-femme drop-waist dress and metallic loafers will have you looking something fierce.
6. Marc Jacobs Snapshot Small Camera Bag ($295): You won’t have to worry about toting around too much bulk when it comes to this slim color-block cross-body number. The goldenrod trim and architectural accent on the front will lend just the right amount of visual interest to your fall outfit game.
7. Mango Engraved Message Bag ($40): Cue the rock ‘n’ roll vibes with this statement-making bag that will help you reach street MVP status like that. For a tough-girl ‘tude, team it alongside a swishy metallic pleat skirt and ankle booties, or a bomber jacket and leather pants. Trust us: There will never be a dull style moment when you’re parading around this wardrobe workhorse.
8. Rag & Bone Flight Camera Leather Shoulder Bag ($395): Take a back-to-basics approach with this stunning cobalt camera bag that can be sported on- and off-duty. Style it with a black jumpsuit and power pumps for a networking function, or pair it alongside a leather moto jacket and Chelsea boots for an Oktoberfest street fair.
9. Henri Bendel Jetsetter Camera Crossbody ($148): Connecting flights and airport queues are about to get a whole lot more simplified thanks to this easy-to-wear nylon camera bag that serves double-duty as a cross-body sac and shoulder bag. Use it to stow your passport, mini camera and beauty essentials for hassle-free travels. AKA, you have free reign to Snapchat while simultaneously grabbing a cup of joe.
10. Forever 21 Faux Leather Crossbody ($18): Between Taco Tuesday and routine weekend errands, a hands-free camera bag with this much around-the-clock appeal is practically a no-brainer. Not only will the cognac leather match everything in your closet (a win-win for your fall capsule wardrobe), but at just under $20, this bag will more than pay for itself.
11. GiGi New York Madison Crossbody in Marigold Pebble Grain ($225): Timeless and classic, this marigold pebble grain cross-body bag will never steer you wrong. Not only will you reach for it time and time again, but the rich autumnal hue calls to mind the season’s changing fall foliage. A monogram of your initials isn’t required, but definitely recommended for fellow prepsters.
12. MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Brooklyn Leather Camera Bag ($398): It won’t be long now before waxed field jackets and leather riding boots start dominating your #OOTD rotation. For a getup that doubles for work and play, don’t hesitate to throw this structured leather camera bag on alongside a ruffled maxi dress and a herringbone blazer. Being a repeat outfit offender may not be such a bad thing after all — at least not when your bag’s this DDG.
13. Express Leopard Cross Body Camera Bag ($40): Leopard print is a neutral — don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Because it’s not enough to stock your fall wardrobe with this so-right-meow print, a leather camera bag with this much panache is guaranteed to add a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to your favorite LBD or wooly knit sweater — especially with lace-up ghillies and modern-day hoop earrings in tow.
14. Frances Valentine Lucy Metallic Leather Crossbody ($445): Upcoming fall soiree? Ditch the minaudiere for this metallic snake print cross-body bag that will leave you free to sip rosé in one hand and balance a plate of hors d’oeuvres in the other. #Priorities
15. Vince Signature Camera Bag ($265): Who needs all the bells and whistles when you have a camera bag this sleek and sophisticated on standby? Besides the obvious — you can’t go wrong with black — it’ll fit right in with your athleisure sensibilities. Go edgy with distressed black jeans and a pocket tee, or glam it up with a jersey scoop-back dress and sneakers. Your move.
16. Frances Valentine Lucy Wool Crossbody ($395): As you switch out your summer wardrobe for cozy knits and velvet everything, you’ll need to update your accessories accordingly. Introducing the plaid wool camera bag that will inspire you to pull out your most snuggly cocoon coat and fisherman sweaters. Major bonus: Come the holidays, you’ll look festive AF.
17. Zara Quilted Crossbody Bag ($36): So. Much. YAS. This season, we’re partial to luxe accessories that lend just the right amount of shimmer and shine to every impeccably styled #OOTD. Not just restricted to swanky dinner parties, this quilted stunner with a chain strap can even be paired with a vintage tee and mom jeans for a decidedly chic off-the-clock look.
18. Marc Jacobs Small Shutter Leather Camera Bag ($325): Is it a cross-body bag? Is it a smart clutch in disguise? It’s actually both. For girls who like to work hard and play harder, this pint-sized sky blue camera bag will accompany you wherever you go — be it date night, game day at your alma mater or post-work drinks.
19. J.Crew Signet Bag in Italian Leather ($128): As far as bag swag goes, customization is everything this season. Make this J.Crew Signet bag yours by adding your own personal touch a la attachable coin purses, leather key fobs or a fun monogram. Count us in, please.
20. Whistles Leather Baxter Mini Chain Camera Bag in Black ($154): Don’t let the small size fool ya — this chic mini camera bag is perfect for carrying around just the essentials (think: smartphone, lipgloss and credit cards), whether your itinerary includes bar hopping or pumpkin picking.
Will you sport a hands-free camera bag this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.