15 Healthy Drinks to *Finally* Replace Coffee + Soda in 2016
Giving up soda or sugar-laden coffee drinks is a popular New Year’s resolution for many people every year. Studies show that making positive habits (especially when it comes to diet) is easier when you add rather than subtract, meaning you think about all the things you can still drink: infused water, fresh juices and homemade coffee. You won’t even miss that speciality coffee drink when you make a healthier option at home.
2. Mango + Pineapple Agua Frescas: You won’t miss margaritas on Taco Tuesday with this delicious Mexican drink. You can make your own with whatever fruit you have on hand — is there anything better than a customizable recipe? (via Pineapple & Coconut)
3. Beet Grapefruit Green Juice: This juice won’t just win a health contest versus soda, but will win a beauty pageant against the fizzy stuff as well. The bright drink will give you added stamina from the beet juice and your daily servings of greens. (via With Food and Love)
4. Frosty Basil Lemonade: It’s almost too easy to make this delicious drink. Sip on this after dinner for dessert instead of a less-healthy option. Your body will thank you! (via That Healthy Kitchen)
6. Homemade Almond Milk: Once you make your own almond milk, you’ll never want to buy it at the store again. All you need is almonds, water, a high-powered blender and cheesecloth or a nut milk bag for this DIY refrigerator staple. (via Fit Living)
8. Super Hot Cocoa: Don’t buy store-bought hot chocolate packets ever again. You can make your own healthy (+ vegan!) version at home with ingredients you already have on hand, like almond milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder. (via Food by Mars)
9. Fruity Green Juice: Many people associate green juice with tasting earthy or “too healthy.” Apples and pears sweeten up the spinach, and mint rounds out this drink so it’s fruity AND refreshing. (via Food Fashion and Fun)
10. Pink Lemon Water: Is it possible to upgrade infused water? Yes. This raspberry-filled drink will have you feeling like you’re spending the day at the spa, even if you’re just sipping on it while you hang out at home. (via Chirpy)
11. Lemon and Honey Barley Water: The health benefits of barley are astounding: It’s rich in vitamin B, iron, calcium and zinc, just to name a few. Keep colds at bay with a glass of this nourishing water. (via With the Grains)
12. Homemade Kombucha: Stop paying $6 every time you want a kombucha and make your own. The most fun part is being able to make your own flavor combinations… and the hardest part is deciding which flavor to make first. (via Live Eat Learn)
13. Jasmine Ginger Iced Tea: This iced tea will give you the caffeine boost you used to get from soda with added health benefits. The combination of jasmine and ginger is irresistible, and it’s so healthy you can drink the entire batch. (via Brit + Co)
15. Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink: You need to refuel and rehydrate after a trip to the gym. This drink will give you much-needed electrolytes, sodium and potassium without the artificial sugars and dyes of store-bought sports drinks. (via Mommypotomus)
Tell us what your New Year’s Resolutions are by tweeting us @BritandCo!