15 High-Waisted Shorts, Jorts + Culottes to Shake Up Your Wardrobe
If you live in a warmer climate (or are just SO ready for summer), you’ve probably already started to pull out all your warm-weather staples from storage. And if after assessing your seasonal wardrobe situation you feel like you are in need of a pick-me-up, we’ve got just the thing: high-waisted shorts. A few years ago a high waist meant minimum coverage for your backside (eek!), but now you can find these trend-setting and super flattering trousers in countless shapes and styles that appeal to every taste. Here are some of our favorite pairs you can scoop up right now.
1. ASOS Short in Floral Jacquard ($63): If you are at a loss for how to look polished when it’s too hot to put on a pair of pants, this floral pair is your answer. The addition of a lightweight blouse, platform wedges and a few dainty jewels make it date-night ready in a snap.
2. Finders Keepers Nice Guys High Waisted Shorts ($119): Balance out the flirty, “hey there” pink hue of these flouncy shorts with a simple solid top or pale floral print.
3. Front Row Shop Shorts in Geometric Floral Print ($68): A bold floral and geometric design lends a cool, contemporary tone to this pair of structured bottoms.
4. Front Row Shorts With Scallop Hem ($39): Scalloped hems are definitely a thing right now, and we can totally see why. The subtle detail delivers a punch of personality to an otherwise safe style.
5. Missguided Check Print Shorts ($20): The check pattern that swept through some of the swankiest fashion circles this winter gets reimagined for spring with playful pastel hues and unrefined lines at a price that’s wallet-friendly.
6. Forever21 Floral Bow Front Shorts ($18): Besides the fab floral print and dainty bow, the super comfy fit of this fresh, high-waisted pair makes for one that you won’t want to take off.
7. Motel Dax Short ($55): These siren-worthy shorts put a prime finishing touch on an off-duty outfit, and are a perfect funky base for dinner and drinks. Sports luxe sandals will keep them looking laid-back, while sky-high steppers elevate them into night-out territory.
8. River Island Yellow Tweed Smart High Waisted Shorts ($60): Smart and stylish, these sunny tweed trousers are the epitome of polish, with a twist.
9. Motel Frances Short ($59): Get your gingham fix with a midriff-tickling number. Bonus points if you pair with a matching crop top for a sweet mid-century vibe.
10. Oasis Short Culotte ($52): If you can’t wrap your head around longer culottes, but still want to give them a try, ease into it with this shorter version that moonlights as a skirt (with the added benefits of actually being pants).
11. H&M Shorts High Waist ($40): If you’ve been diggin’ the whole ’60s and ’70s thing that’s going around, this perky green number is for you. The button front has throwback written all over it.
12. Modern Citizen Chloe Tie-Waist Shorts ($68): As far as shorts go, this pair is undeniably sophisticated. For a seriously chic look, wear them with pared-down hues and rose gold accessories.
13. The Fifth Fast Forward Short ($70): They may not be bright, but these high-waisted shorts still deliver bold, eye-catching style. Not to mention they’re the perfect base for a neon add-on or two (because… why not?).
14. Mango High Waist Suede Shorts ($110): A little bit boho, a little bit free-wheelin’ goddess, these swanky suede shorts are just what the doctor ordered.
15. One Teaspoon 1955 Outlaws Shorts ($110): The summertime equivalent of the boyfriend jean, distressed jorts will quickly become a fave.
What do you think of this high-waisted style? Will you be swapping out your fave shorts for a pair of high-rising bottoms this summer? Tell us in the comments!