17 Scallop Hems to Wear This Season
Say hello to our mantra for the season: If it’s scalloped, we want it. We’re not exaggerating when we say that scallops are going to be popping up everywhere in the coming months. And for good reason too. They lend a ladylike style and hint of sophistication to every getup. Make way for 17 of the most swoon-worthy scallop-trimmed items that, yes, you really do need in your life.
1. Fun + Feminine Scallop Mini Dress ($59): Well, if this isn’t the prettiest little scallop dress that we ever did see. Whether it be a springtime wedding or graduation, all signs point to this lovely frock.
2. Scallop Trim Crossbody Bag ($29): This scallop bag has serious designer appeal — Mulberry, we’re looking at you — without the outrageous price point. Not only does its compact size make it ideal for the girl on the go, but the stunning shade of pastel blue is kind of impossible to resist.
3. Mint Scalloped Romper ($49): Please excuse the pun, but this spring-y romper will be perfect for romping around town. Now the only thing missing is a pair of Birks and a lightweight cardigan for good measure.
4. Pink Scallop Coat ($698): Because we all know that springtime temps are finicky at best, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to invest in an attention-getting topper. We can’t decide what we love more: the Peter Pan collar, the cocoon silhouette or the fact that it’s scalloped and pink all over.
5. Sweetheart Scallop Necklace ($148): Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise — more is MORE. Make it a point to accessorize with this gold scallop necklace whenever the occasion presents itself.
6. Weekend Scallop Hem Tee ($23): Woot! A minty fresh scalloped tee is exactly what the doctor ordered. It’s easy-breezy tops like these that remind us that sunny, spring days are in the near future.
7. Scallop Cheetah Flats ($295): Take a walk on the wild side in these cheetah print flats complete with a daring scallop edge. Pair them with cuffed jeans and a slouchy, striped shirt for maximum perfection.
8. Darling Scalloped Hem Skirt ($53): Vintage-loving girls, eat your hearts out. This light pink scallop hem skirt is the type that pairs flawlessly with a dainty white blouse and looks even more divine with classic ballet flats.
9. Scalloped Scuba Knit Dress ($30): If you ask us, just one more LBD is completely justifiable, especially if it’s adorned with a scallop hem. For easy styling on the go, just add pretty baubles.
10. Scalloped V-Neck Cami ($58): Don’t let scallops fool you; they can be edged up a bit when necessary. This scallop v-neck cami could serve as the quintessential layering piece for a night out on the town — think layered under a black blazer and accessorized with minimal jewelry.
11. Gold Scallop Party Flats ($100): Gold is our middle name here at Brit HQ. Thanks to these gilded scallop flats, a dance party may or may not be in the works soon.
12. Scallop Shift Dress ($59): Yes, you CAN wear scallops to work. This versatile shift dress in the prettiest peachy hue can be dressed up with a blazer or styled casually with simple flats.
13. Dainty Scallop Hem Top ($32): Swap out your everyday tee for this lilac chiffon top with a sweet scallop hem. For an effortless, off-duty look, throw either white pants or denim cutoffs into the mix.
14. Chambray Scallop Trim Shirt ($40): Behold: This is chambray like you’ve never seen it before. Proof that a little scallop detailing goes a long way, this casual button-down is practically begging to be paired with the season’s freshest (and brightest) crop of Bermuda shorts.
15. The Scallop Top of Your Dreams ($198): Holy chic! Kate Spade really does know the way to a girl’s heart. Once you factor in the cost per wear, this versatile white scalloped top will more than pay for itself.
16. Scallop Lace Rivera Shorts ($60): The union between lace and scallops is almost too good to be true. For everyday comfort that doesn’t sacrifice chicness, allow these shorts to lead the way.
17. Scallop Hem Pin-Up Shorts ($40): We wish we could live in these scallop hem shorts all day, every day. The relaxed fit + feminine floral print are on point.
How will you be incorporating the scallop edge into your weekly wardrobe lineup? Tell us in the comments below!