‘90s stars and lovebirds Aubrey O’Day and Pauly D as artistes? We never thought we’d see the day, but we think their most recent handmade portraits of one another kinda’ sorta’ qualifies them… no? Joining their creative ranks this week are painter Nick Carter (yes, you read that right) and the ever-resourceful Kelly Osbourne, who created the best hair accessory out of the most unexpected material. Check out these awesome celeb DIYs for some Memorial Day weekend inspo below!
1. Aubrey O’Day: Former Danity Kane singer Aubrey O’Day and boyfriend Pauly D of Jersey Shore fame painted each other’s portraits, and even though we’re gonna give Aubrey the artistic edge, we’ve gotta say, we love Pauly’s added “I love PD” detailing on her sweater. Supes cute, guys!
2. Hilary Duff: Hilary showed off her DIY fail with no shame, labeling this fine mess, “Grilled cheese gone wrong.” We applaud your efforts at the very least, Hilary: It’s the thought that counts!
3. Nick Carter: Backstreet Boy Nick Carter was clearly inspired by the birth of his son Odin Reign: He named his latest piece of art “Bearing Mother’s Pain.” The painting (Nick’s second ever) is available for auction now, and Nick plans to donate a portion of the painting’s proceeds to children’s cancer research. Place your bids here!
4. LeAnn Rimes: LeAnn Rimes helped her stepson bake a cake, raving about his mad kitchen skillz in the process: “The way he talks about his process as he goes, he is going to have his own cooking show,” she said. “#impressed.” Us, too!
5. Courtney Sixx: Courtney shows us how to make our own patio lights this week, and just in time for Memorial Day weekend too! “Hanging my DIY muslin chain covers to hang candle lit chandeliers!” she writes.
6. Kelly Osbourne: Kelly never fails to impress us with her ingenuity: Just several weeks ago, she showed us the best popsicle-eating hack ever, and now, she’s getting crafty with her dogs’… um… receptacle bags. “Taking Polly for a walk with no pockets so I used the sh*t bags to make a hair bow!” she says. Clever! And maybe even sorta’ cute!
7. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: Pauly’s former castmast Nicole continues to show off her DIY Etsy goodies with some seriously cute arm candy. “You guys requested and I made!” she wrote. “New bracelets ready for you!” Get yours on her Etsy site now.
Which drawing did you like better, Aubrey’s or Pauly D’s? Tell us over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Cindy Ord/Getty)