Ah, ’tis the season for gifting, and who better to consult when making your must-haves list (and checking it twice) than those in-the-know? We polled the industry’s top fashion professionals about what they’re dying to unwrap once the holidays roll around, and trust us: You’re going to want to add their picks to your own roster of desired items to slip to Santa.
1. “When it starts to get cold out, I enjoy a good beanie — especially when you’re having a bad hair day. This Yestadt Mylar Beanie ($390) is one of my top picks! It’s the perfect gift for girls who want comfort, warmth, and style this winter.” — Dara Smith, Brand Manager at Erickson Beamon
2. “Making family memories is what I cherish most about the holidays and there is something fun and retro about instant cameras, like the Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Film Camera ($60), that makes people smile and parties instantly more festive. Of course, given that I work in the diamond industry, there is always something I have my eye on — both to wear now, and pass on later to my daughter. This year I am obsessing over statement rings, like this Temple St. Clair Double Serpent Ring ($5,400) with a diamond pavé head and blue sapphire eyes.” — Deborah Marquardt, Chief Marketing Officer at Diamond Producers Association
3. “I’m crushing on the new makeup brand, Dope Cosmetix. You get six shades of their super pigmented and long-wearing liquid lipsticks in their Nude Bundle ($60) and they truly are the perfect nudes. Plus, the quality is out of this world for only $10 per stick. The color names (Wifey, Send Nudes, Low-Key, etc.) are super sassy and cute too!” — Sarah-Kate Young, Publicist at Seventh House PR
4. “I’m all about sneakers these days and am swooning over these Nike Classic Cortez Metallic Leather Sneakers ($45), as well as this Briggs and Riley Sympatico Carry-On ($559), which is perfect for quick trips since I’m constantly on-the-go with offices and clients from coast to coast.” — Lindsay Siwiec, Principal of Jet Black PR
5. “A Gray Malin x Away Pink Beach Luggage Set ($225-295) — it would make traveling so much sweeter! And a Jeni’s Pint Club Ice Cream Membership ($230), because who doesn’t like getting ice cream in the mail!?” — Vy Nguyen, Founder/Designer, LOLLi SWiM
6. “This year I have my eye on a Nour Hammour Paris Mayet Jacket ($2,941) and a Charlotte Simone Fur Popsicle Scarf ($245). The updated Nour Hammour moto style with the shearling collar is fresh, fun, and still totally badass, and Charlotte Simone’s scarves add just the right pop of color to any outfit.” — Tracey Manner, Vice President and Partner at Think Public Relations
7. “This cool Art Oracles Deck ($15). The drawings are great, plus it’s never too early to start art history flashcards with my two-year-old! Our Wrangler collab Black Wide Leg Whim Jeans ($90). I love the shorter length and these are great with holiday tops and every day after. Lastly, a donation to the ACLU.” — Lizz Wasserman, Fashion Director at ModCloth
8. “Pop & Suki accessories are on my wish list this holiday! They have a unique mix of bags and accessories that will fancy any fashion girl’s needs and their personalized Makeup Case ($95) in pink is a must-have for the glam girl on-the-go!” —Ali Grant, Founder of Be Social Public Relations
9. “One of the things I’m eyeing this season is a fur or faux fur jacket. It’s the perfect style to update and add an element of glam to your fall and winter jackets while keeping warm. Some looks I’m loving are Rachel Zoe’s Rose Fur Jacket ($695), which is super sleek and cozy (added bonus of the hood!) and Unreal Fur’s Dream Jacket in Forest Green ($309), made out of modacrylic, but looks just as edgy. And my must-have from Beloforte this season is the Jura Legging ($98). They’re the staple legging that you can wear to the gym, out running errands, or out to dinner with a cute crop top, duster, and booties.” — Whitney Quaresma, Cofounder/Designer of BELOFORTE
10. “This season, I have my eye on a few items that will inevitably become part of my winter uniform. First on my list is this really fun Mother Letterman Jacket ($130) that’s a wonderful hybrid between a functional jacket and a fashionable fur coat. It will look great layered over everything from workout gear to my nine-to-five wardrobe. Second is the Söfft Welling Ankle Boot ($130) because it’s incredibly comfortable and sturdy, yet chic, which makes it the ideal everyday city boot.” — Sarah Tropeano, Director of Public Relations at H.H. Brown Shoe Company
11. “These days I’m really into gifts that stand the test of time and represent some sort of sentiment, so I’m sprinkling my wish list with Marrow Fine’s Lovely Rachael Opal Ring ($1,740) and Sydney Evan’s “M” Multi-Charm Bracelet Stack (price varies) with an evil eye, figa fist, gold and black diamond whistle, and edgy diamond safety pin charms.” — Michelle Wendell, Founder and CEO, CLD PR
What are you coveting this holiday season? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.