Whether you’re having a simple backyard ceremony or a large-scale event, your wedding is all about celebrating your love. The overall theme is more important than the dress you decide on or the color of your guy’s tie. If you’re a movie buff or just love the glitz and glam of Hollywood, we’ve got 15 ideas to help you start planning your own star-studded event.
1. Rustic Ticket Invitation ($4): The invitation is one of the first things anyone will see, so go with something that immediately sets the stage.
2. Admission Seating Chart: Admission tickets are also good for displaying your seating chart in a fun way that ties in the theme without being over the top. (via Teale Photography)
3. Popcorn Snack Bar: Give your guests something to snack on besides the traditional wedding cake, and put out goodie bags so they can take some for the ride home. They’ll be thanking you all the way to the front door. (via Gina Meola Photography)
4. Oscars-Inspired Favors: Send your guests home with a favor that’s as unique as you are. We’ll bet it’s the first time they’ve received such a prestigious award. (via Aaron Young Photography)
5. Action-Packed Picture: Use your venue to your benefit and make time for a few creative, one-of-a-kind shots. Chances are these will be your favorite to look back on. (via Jason Prezant)
6. Director’s Chairs: It’s your wedding, and you deserve to sit in style. (via Jay C. Winter)
7. Leading Lady: Don’t be afraid to steal the spotlight on your big day, and let the camera focus on just you for a minute. You’ll want to remember every bit of your day. (via Verve Studio)
8. VHS Seating Chart: Pay homage to some of your favorite ’80s flicks with a seating chart that’s as useful as it is fun to look at. (via Marty McColgan)
9. Silent Movie Slideshow: Play up the movie theme with your own custom silent movie or slideshow before you walk down the aisle. Your guests will be brimming with anticipation by the time it’s over. (via Petruzzo Photography)
10. DIY Vintage Marquee: This DIY gets bonus points for being an awesome project that you’ll want to display in your home long after the wedding. (via Brit + Co)
11. Movie Reel Centerpiece: I think we can all agree that these centerpieces are reel-y cute (sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves). (via Kate Harrison Photography)
12. Guest Book Station: Make sure no one misses the guestbook with an eye-catching display. Give your guests some direction, like “advice for the newlyweds” or their “favorite memory” to avoid a book full of signatures and one-liners. (via Rebecca Crumley)
13. Concession Stand Favors: Treat your guests with a favor that won’t take up space on their bookshelves or collect any dust. Who doesn’t love candy? (via Wedding Bee)
14. Ticket Stub Flower Girl: Flower girls don’t have to throw flowers. Make this an affair to remember by handing her ticket stubs (or popcorn!) to toss. (via Sally Watts Photography)
15. Star-Studded Wedding Cake: This cake looks so good, it’s almost a shame to eat it. Don’t let that stop you. Dig in! (via Marney Cakes)
Which one of these ideas will have a starring role at your wedding? Talk to us in the comments.