The Future Is Here: Holographic Makeup Is a Thing
Every now and then, we come across a show-stopping beauty trend we simply can’t ignore. From swoon-worthy lip art to stunning glow-in-the-dark hair, the beauty landscape these days is basically a technicolor dream. One new futuristic look has got to be one of the coolest beauty trends we’ve ever seen — and we couldn’t be more in love. Holographic makeup is seriously GORGEOUS: It’s dramatic, shiny and has a lot of pizzazz. Rather than using your go-to black eyeliner or brow kit (so 2015), cut out a piece of reflective paper into your desired shape (materials from decorative packaging work great), and with a small dab of makeup adhesive or tape, you can bling out your eyebrows or eyes on a whole new level. No matter what, all eyes will be on you when you rock this holographic look. Need some inspo of your own? Check out six ways you can rock this trend for your next GNO.
1. Reflective Cat Eye: Kick your cat eye up several notches by recreating this one-of-a-kind beauty look. Cut a piece of gift wrapping paper into a sharp angle, and neatly place it over your lids with makeup adhesive for a glamorous spin on the classic look.
View this post on Instagram
Inspired by @patmcgrathreal 💛 Skin: @anastasiabeverlyhills Concealer in 0.75, @graftobianmakeup HD Glamour Creme Super pallete warm Brow: @anastasiabeverlyhills Dipbrow in Ash Brown, @mehronmakeup metallic loose shadow in Gold Eye: @suvabeauty eyeshadow in Guava, Mango (lid) and Pearl (inner corner), @shopvioletvoss lashes in Eye DGAF #gold #makeup #macroeye #goldmakeup #patmcgrath #wingedeyeliner #creativemakeup #artisticmakeup #mehronmakeup #mehrongirl #shopvioletvoss #graftobianmakeup #suvabeauty #eyecloseup #vladamua
A post shared by Vlada Haggerty (@vladamua) on
2. Gold Wing: Let your cat eye shine bright with a flick of gold. Add a similar hue underneath your waterline, and swipe on a heavy coat of mascara to really make your peepers pop.
3. Bold Brows: Let your brows do all the talking with this bold and shiny look. For a more wearable version, try keeping your makeup minimal with a swipe of blush and a nude lip balm.
4. Double Cat Eye: What better way to accent your cat eye than with *another* cat eye? Line your lids with contrasting hues for a multidimensional style that will have everyone talking.
5. Futuristic Eyebrows: This style is perfect for when you have no time to do your brows, but you want to look fierce AF. Pair it with a neon bold lip that’s perfect for a go-all-out bachelorette or themed pool party.
6. Color Block Peepers: Elevate your from-the-future cat eye with a single bold color. Use a darker hue to let your reflective liner really stand out.
Loving this holographic trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous beauty inspo.
(Feature image via @lilacbat)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)