Instagram Has #LipArt Like You’ve Never Seen Before
Finding trending items on Instagram to share with you is one of life’s little pleasures: There are goodies like #siblingtattoos, #fitspo or our very own #iamcreative. But we flipped out when #lipart popped up; over 85,000 people have already used the hashtag on the social media platform. Here are seven ladies who are doing really, really awesome things with people’s pouts!
1. @shireecollier_mua: What’s not to love about a little lip patriotism? Shiree Collier, a Bay Area makeup artist and self-described “Wonder Woman by night” (love!), will make you rethink your daily lip game. Her account is full of her pretty editorial pictures, so makeup junkies can check her out to get inspired.
2. @romyfoxx: Instagrammer Romy out of the Netherlands has done a glorious thing here and used Kylie Jenner’s lip kits to create this next level look. She’s got all the deets in the caption if you’re looking to recreate something so wild and fun.
3. @cherrylipstickmakeup: Sometimes, simpler is better (and by simple, that means only four lipsticks and powders!). It’s easy to imagine this lip look for a fun girls’ night out, or as a really pretty look for a killer Facebook profile pic.
4. @rachiechu88: Marbled cotton candy FTW here! This will make every My Little Pony and Lisa Frank fanatic squeal with glee. Oh, it’s good to note that this lip artist is still in high school, too — meaning talent exists at every age level.
5. @nikkialexis_: But seriously, how do people come up with these cool creations? It’s easy to love the waxy, wet drip of this purple and pink lip, again from a gal who’s only 19. She also works in the teeth a lot in her work — dripping makeup onto and over them — which is a really cool and refreshing way to get noticed.
6. @april_christinaa: There’s a mini trend within lip art of using a black outline, and it’s cool the way mom and makeup artist April has used black here. She puts a ton of geometric shapes in her work; check out some of her costume makeup, too — she totally transformed one woman into a cheetah!
7. @amandajhayden: Amanda shows that seriously, any pattern, print or design is totally doable on your lips. Who would have thought to put plaid on a pucker? Side note: she also has this killer hot pink hair that’s worth checking out.
Tag @BritandCo on Instagram with your #lipart and #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)