What a week it’s been: The Golden Globes gave us serious hair goals; we learned how to manage our holiday bills — eek! — and we made a pizza cake that’ll mess with your mind. But it’s finally the weekend, and you have a few days to work on a creative project that checks all the boxes on your resolution list: sparkly iridescent colors, velvet decor and free organization printables. We’ve got you covered with these 10 DIY projects, so scroll on.
1. DIY Holographic Tray: Where the ’90s kids at? Bust out that holographic foil and give an inexpensive wood a sparkly makeover in just a couple of minutes. Your next girls’ night in just got a totally rad upgrade. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Velvet Color Blocked Cushions: Velvet is a hot trend this season, and luckily, it’s a super easy texture to incorporate into your home. Whether you go for square, triangle or a half moon, these quirky pillows are sure to brighten up your bedroom or sofa. (via Paper & Stitch)
3. DIY Free Printable Wall Calendar: Still haven’t found just the right calendar for your office or workspace? Well then warm up your printer, because this colorful calendar is a definite must-have. It’s got all the important deets, like National Cheese Lovers Day and Dress Up Your Pets Day, because #priorities. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Conversation Heart Piñata Care Packages: Who’s ready for everything pink and heart-shaped? It’s never too early to start your V-day DIYs, and this year you can treat your squad in true Galentine’s stye with these fluffy heart piñatas full of chocolate and confetti. The best part? You can totally send these in the mail. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Cactus Marquee Sign: Marquee signs are a fairly simple project to DIY, but they make a huge statement in any room. This cactus has LED lights and you can easily change up this tutorial to make a different shape, but obviously we’re partial to these cartoon-like graphic cacti. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. DIY Pom-Pom Tassel Wall Hanging: Making pom-poms and tassels is the perfect project for keeping your fingers busy while you enjoy some downtime with your fave show. Once you have a massive pile of poms and tassels, string them up along a copper pipe for a totally rad and colorful wall hanging that looks like something straight out of Anthropologie. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Chill Pillow: Chill out, you don’t even need a sewing machine to make these adorable pillows. If you’re considering throwing a Netflix and Chili party — which you totally should — then you def need to deck out your couch with these preppy pink pills. (via Aww Sam)
8. DIY Free Printable Desk Calendar: Tackle 2017 like a boss with this mini printable calendar. Print off each colorful design and prop ’em up on a gilded iPad stand or tape them to the wall with washi tape. Either way, you’ll never forget an important birthday or anniversary with this little guy sitting on your desk. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Anthro Fringe Purse: If you have a thing for tassels, you practically NEED this little Anthro-inspired purse in your wardrobe, but without that hefty price tag (please and thank you). Hack Anthro’s fringe clutch with a custom color palette and about a hundred tassels. Whoa, this chic clutch could be the coolest accessory you rock all year. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Holographic Pencil Cup: Would you believe this glam pencil holder was made out of things from the Target dollar section?? Oh Target, how we love you. Organize your workspace in no time with this super easy DIY that’ll finally corral all your beloved pens and pencils. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
Which project are you digging this weekend? Show us what you’re makin’ by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!