You Can Totally DIY This Casually Glam Golden Globes Hairdo
Now that we’ve seen the best looks of the 2017 Golden Globes, it’s time to focus our attention a little further North: We’re talking hair, people! While there was plenty of LLL’s to be seen, the looks that commanded our attention most evolved from the lazy-girl look we saw all over the AMAs — the topknot — with a twist. Starting further back at the crown than the traditional look and adding either loose wisps of hair like Goldie Hawn or intricate braids like Lily Collins, stars took the look up a notch while still keeping things totally doable for your everyday look. Read on to see who nailed it below.
1. Lily Collins: First and foremost was Lily Collins, who also incidentally took home our nod for best dressed. Adding intrigue with the addition of several braids to the front on her knot, Lily was an instant hair fave. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Goldie Hawn: Goldie proved you’re never to old to have fun with trends, rocking her messy top-knot with the best of them. She left her bangs and side fringe out of it, starting further back at her crown for an ultra-relaxed — yet still glam — feel. (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
3. Maisie Williams: Maisie seemingly looked to classic Hollywood icons such as Audrey Hepburn for her red carpet inspo, clipping the pile of hair atop her head in place with a shiny old-school barette. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. Liz Hernadez: Liz went halfsies on the trend, tucking just the upper back portion of her hair into the knot and letting the rest fall where it may. (Photo via Venturelli/Getty)
5. Elsa Pataky: Chris Hemsworth’s wife, stunning in Zuhair Murad, kept the focus on her dress with a simple, devil-may-care look on top. (Photo via Venturelli/Getty)
6. Janelle Monae: Janelle accessorized her ample knot with pearl accents — so chic! (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)