13 Creative Ideas for Decorating With an Exposed Brick Wall
For all you people out there who are lucky enough to have exposed brick walls in your home, we are extremely jealous. A brick wall adds character and warmth to any room. Because of the texture and natural colors in the brick, you can use a variety of styles, from rustic to modern. With the plethora of different styling options out there, we wanted to give you some of our fave ways decorate around an exposed brick wall. Scroll on for 13 beautifully styled spaces for some major inspo.
1. Wood Accents: Brick walls painted white are like blank canvases just waiting to be embellished. Using dark wood furniture, like headboards and beside tables, can provide a striking contrast for the white walls. (via Lonny)
2. Wall Art: Wall art, whether you buy or DIY, will add to the textured look of any brick wall. Keep the design simple but feel free to play with color (like this orange-dipped fringe piece). (via Refinery29)
3. Tassel Garland: This nursery is the perfect example to show that a rough brick wall can be made to look light and feminine. All you need is a peach-toned tassel garland hung across the wall like so. (via Grey Likes Baby)
4. Statement Wall: Black and white is a color combo that never goes out of style, especially in the home. And having a brick wall shouldn’t hinder that. Just paint your brick wall white and the adjoining wall matte black for a super sophisticated space. (via Interiors by Studio M)
5. Simple Art: When decorating any wall, we tend to want to include as many accessories as we can to really take advantage of the space. Sometimes though, all you need is two simple art prints to revamp your brick wall. (via Design Sponge)
6. Washed Out: If you’re remodeling a kitchen that features a white brick wall, consider using furniture and appliances in similar tones. This gray-toned kitchen looks modern while still retaining its warmth with wood floors and cabinets. (via Remodelista)
7. String of Lights: We’re not sure what it is about brick walls, but we love stringing garlands across them. This time, a string of lights brings a whimsical touch to a spacious bedroom. (via The Everygirl)
8. Black Wall: We’ve shown you a number of ways to utilize white paint on a brick wall, but black-painted brick walls are just as beautiful. It’s an unexpected choice that is sure to be a conversation starter among your guests. (via Digs Digs)
10. Bathroom Greenery: Easily turn your exposed brick bathroom into an outdoor-inspired oasis with a few potted plants set up against the wall. It will give you the same feeling of gorgeous green vines creeping along a stone castle wall. (via Vogue)
11. Vintage Accessories: The great thing about brick walls is that they instantly add character to any space in your home. Play up the antiquated look by adding vintage accessories on the wall like a classic painting or a vintage trunk to store shoes. (via Refinery29)
12. Minimal Shelves: It would be a shame to cover up gorgeous exposed brick walls with bulky shelves. Using floating shelves in a minimal design will fulfill all your organizational needs without hiding that brick. (via One Fine Stay)
13. Turquoise Pop: Colorful furniture like this turquoise velvet couch will stand out against the rough texture of the brick. It will be the fun pop of color and the bright spot your living space needs. (via Decor Pics)
Do you have any tips for decorating around exposed brick walls? Which one of our ideas was your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!