Now that you’ve picked out your summer party theme and gotten all the supplies for those fruity bourbon cocktails, make sure your squad can kick back and enjoy without getting overheated. To help you throw an #epic and memorable summer party sans underarm sweat stains, we’ve rounded up 13 essentials that’ll keep your party hot and your guests cool. Keep scrolling to find all the chill hacks below.
2. Big Mouth Toys Rainbow Cloud Swim Up Bar ($36): If you’re throwing a pool party, toss in one of these swim-up bars. Fill the middle with ice and beverages and let your guests enjoy a refreshing dip and sip.
5. Urban Outfitters Stay Cool Pool Slide ($15): That patio can get scary hot. If your friends are trekking to the pool, the bar cart, or the bathroom, their toes would benefit from having a cool pair of shoes to slip on and off.
7. Heat Relief Bar: Sure, the bar cart with the ice cream and cocktails might be more popular, but trust us: Guests will be *v* grateful for a basket of bug spray, cool towels, and paper fans. (via Wedding Bee)
8. DIY Drink Koozies: Carrying a warm beer or soda around is kind of the worst. Make sure your guests’ bevies stay cold AF with this DIY koozie option that will add an extra special touch *and* serve as party favors. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Summer Hat Tassels: Get in touch with the magic of summer with a whimsical tasseled sun hat. You could make a couple to hand out to friends at a party when their noses and shoulders start looking a little too pink. (via Aww Sam)
10. PBteen The Emily & Meritt Beach Lounger and Sun Shade Tent ($69+): When shade is life, your friends will be extra grateful for this lounger/tent combo. Plus, it’s the perf backdrop for all those swimsuit selfies.
11. DIY Ice Bucket Hack: We’ve all been there: Hacking away at a solid ice chunk because there’s too much water in the bucket. Keep your ice dry and drink ready by storing it in a colander with a bowl underneath to catch all the runoff. (via The Chic Site)
12. DIY Water Blasters: Honestly, it just wouldn’t be a summer party without a water fight of some sort. Take the classic sprinkler cool-down up a notch with these DIY pool noodle water blasters. (via Mom Endeavors)
13. DIY Minty Cooling Body Mist: This all-natural cooling mist is an essential for your backyard party. Not only will it keep your guests cool and refreshed, but it will help fight off that sweaty smell situation. (via A Beautiful Mess)