These Fruity Bourbon Cocktail Recipes Will Finish Your Summer Off Strong
Year after year, summer proves to be the season of sipping sangria and frosé by the pool without a care in the world. But, for those who like their drinks a bit more on the stiff side, bourbon is where it’s at no matter the month. You may enjoy a hot toddy or old fashioned in the winter, but when the weather is hot, the fruity drinks reign supreme. Whether you gravitate toward a smash or a sour, one of the 13 fruity bourbon cocktails below will help you finish your summer off strong.
1. Figgy Maple Bourbon Fizz: If you like your cocktails warm and sweet (even in the summer), this fig and maple cocktail will satisfy like no other. Start the fig-infused bourbon now, so you can have it before the end of summer. (via Cheese and Chocolate)
2. Grapefruit-Ginger Bourbon Sour: Pucker up, because this sour grapefruit-ginger cocktail will bring plenty of tartness to the party. It makes six cocktails, so all of your friends can enjoy one in the sun. (via Fake Ginger)
4. Bourbon Cherry Crush: Why have a cherry on top when you could have a glass full? This ultra-sweet concoction consists of club soda, maraschino cherry juice, bourbon, and lime. (via The Salty Marshmallow)
5. Blood Orange Bourbon Smash With Spicy Vanilla Sugar: If you can’t find blood oranges for this citrusy cocktail, navel oranges will work just fine. (via How Sweet It Is)
6. Blackberry Bourbon Smash: When you can walk outside and pick the berries for your cocktail, you know it’s summer. Think of this one as a blackberry mojito for bourbon enthusiasts. (via Kitchen Swagger)
7. Bourbon Peach Slush: In the ultimate summer move, this cocktail is blended into a slushie for maximum refreshment. You can use whatever frozen fruit you like, but peaches and bourbon are a perfect match. (via Recipe Runner)
8. Ginger and Pear Bourbon Cocktail: The spicy ginger in this cocktail has just enough zest to balance the sweet pear nectar. Garnish the cocktail with candied ginger and a pear slice before serving. (via No Spoon Necessary)
9. Blackberry, Thyme, Lemon Bourbon Cocktail: Even those who don’t love bourbon will adore this drink. It’s light, bright, and will definitely quench your thirst on a hot summer day. (via A Flavor Journal)
11. Spicy Cherry Bourbon Lemonade: Four simple ingredients are all you need to recreate this fuss-free boozy lemonade. Once you try it, you’ll be hooked even once summer is long gone. (via Domesticate Me)
12. Tangerine Basil Cocktail: This might just replace mimosas as your favorite brunch cocktail. Fresh tangerine juice, orange bitters, and basil simple syrup join small batch bourbon to help you start your weekend off right. (via The Gastronom)
13. Vanilla and Fresh Cherry Bourbon Cocktail: If bourbon is still a tad too stout for your liking, a dash of good-quality vanilla will mellow it right out. Muddle it with fresh pitted cherries and pour over plenty of crushed ice to finish. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cocktail recipes!