5 Ways to Treat and Prevent Acne in Your Sleep
You always remove your makeup and wash your face before you turn in for the night (we hope!). But OMG, panic can ensue after noticing breakouts hiding under your foundation. When did all those pimples have time to pop up?! If you want them gone before you wake up (yes, help please!), you’re going to need an overnight solution that’s strong enough to treat your current breakoutsand prevent future ones from even thinking about it. These products that you apply before bed can help with that — and give a new meaning to beauty sleep. Here’s to waking up to clearer days.
1. Peace Out Acne Healing Dots ($19): Remember dabbing a dot of toothpaste on your zits overnight in hopes they’d be gone by the a.m.? These little healing dots are like that but more powerful. Each sticky is filled with salicylic acid to dry up blemishes and aloe vera to calm and cool breakouts in as little as six hours.
2. Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel ($50): This powerful gel packs a punch of all the acne-fighting goodness dermatologists love: salicylic acid, biotin, tree tea oil, zinc, and green tea. All you have to do is apply a thin layer to your freshly cleaned face and let it work its magic.
3. Sephora Collection Green Tea Mattifying and Anti-Blemish Mask ($4): The green tea mask is like a detox for your breakout-prone skin, and all you have to do is snooze. Then wake up and wash off any excess.
4. Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Overnight Repair Acne Treatment Pads ($42): If after a long day, all you can manage to do is quickly wipe off your makeup before you pass out, you’ll love these super easy treatment pads. Just swipe one over your clean face before bed and watch your acne shrink by morning. Done and done.
5. Arcona PM Acne Lotion ($54): Acne treatments are notorious for drying out your skin, but no one wants to wake up to itchy, gross skin. This overnight antibacterial moisturizer with retinol is designed to reduce inflammation and clear your clogged pores without dehydrating you, all while you sleep.
Looking for more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.