This Is How Trendsetters Wear Winter White
We get it. When deciding what to wear on a frigid winter day, you probably don’t immediately reach for a white OOTD. If you’re anything like us, you’re stuck in a style rut of 50 shades of neutral knitwear. Luckily, wearing white after Labor Day is no longer a fashion faux pas. On the contrary, rocking a white ensemble is totally chic when the weather gets chilly — and pulling it off is easier than you may think. Cozy up with a snow white faux fur jacket, get glam with a longline coat and wide-leg trousers or channel weekend vibes with white-washed distressed denim and low-top sneaks. From snow and ecru to ivory and cream, there are tons of subtle shades to choose from that are anything but vanilla. Need some inspo? Keep scrolling to see how some of our fave fashionistas are pulling off this white hot winter trend.
1. Easy Breezy: And the award for the easiest OOTD goes to this oversized sweater and flowy skirt. It gets better: Both pieces are available at H&M! A tan tote and black loafers — AKA the quintessential go-with-everything accessories — are all you need to complete the look.
2. Too Cool for School: It doesn’t get much cooler than cropped, high-waisted flare jeans and a ribbed knit. The addition of high tops makes it feel super laid-back, plus they cover your ankles — a must when those wintry gusts get going.
3. Parisian Chic: Channel French-girl vibes with a striped turtleneck and pleated midi skirt. Since white goes with pretty much everything in your closet, you can infuse color and personality through your accessories. Paired with burgundy booties and a dark lip, this look transitions seamlessly from day to night.
4. Uptown Girl: This ensemble, consisting of a silk blouse, chain strap bag and fur-lined coat, are a lovely and ladylike way to pull off head-to-toe white. Give the look some edge with studded booties and a metallic crossbody.
View this post on Instagram
There was a time in my life when you couldn't pay me to wear sneakers. Then I moved to NYC and got over that REAL quick. | ON THE BLOG: 👗 + 👟 = My Fav Combo! Paired these @johnstonmurphy sneakers w/ a simple sweater dress. #startwithshoes | 🔗 in bio #ad | 📸: @vickeevee_
A post shared by BLAKE VON D (@blakevond) on
5. Street Style: A sweater dress and sneaks is a standard street style combo that you need to master ASAP — not to mention this duo is a go-to for fashion-savvy gals everywhere. Come evening, take it to the next level with OTK boots.
6. Runway Ready: The magic formula for seasonless style? A gorgeous blouse, white jeans and a luxe cream coat. While strappy heels are fierce for an Insta shoot, IRL you can swap ‘em out for a pair of ankle boots or Oxfords to keep the chills at bay.
7. Sunday Vibes: Now this is how you style a turtleneck! Get creative by combining textures like nubby knits and lace for a sophisticated take on lazy-day style. Try layering a snuggly boucle turtleneck over a lingerie-inspired slip dress.
View this post on Instagram
We made it to the @loewsatlanta for our anniversary staycation!! It's probably been since our honeymoon that we really got a night away. We are so relaxed, we are trying not to fall asleep!... We don't get out much 😂. @loewshotels is special to us because just 3 years ago, we stayed here on our wedding night! More on snapchat (and instastories when I make room in my phone to record... I know...always a mess). Luggage from Leather and Luggage Depot in Atlanta (info coming to blog Tuesday). Outfit details here when you sign up for @liketoknow.it ➡️ http://liketk.it/2pEk2 #liketkit #ootd #staycation #parentsnightout #imtired #butsoexcited #winterwhite
A post shared by Mireille (Mir-ay) | City Peach (@city.peach) on
8. Weekend Uniform: How is it possible that white skinnies and a chunky sweater simultaneously feel casual and perfectly polished? We have no idea. What we do know is that we love this duo. Tan booties and a plaid shirt are all you need to finish off this winning look.
9. Classy AF: One combo we’re currently loving is a crisp white midi dress and cropped jacket. This classic pairing reminds us of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly without feeling stuffy. Style with the ultimate timeless shoe — pumps, of course.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.