20 #Winning Ways to Wear White After Labor Day
Back in the day, wearing white after Labor Day was considered a major fashion faux pas — something you simply didn’t do. Well, that rule is dead. Maybe it’s because we want to hold on to summer a wee bit longer (hello, white shorts!) or perhaps it’s simply because white is classic and SHOULD be worn year round. Whatever the reason, we’re sharing our favorite 20 ways to rock white way beyond September.
1. White With a Pop of Color: Wearing white doesn’t have to be boring and predictable. Go the sophisticated route by opting for a white blouse and some eye-catching neon accessories. Now, if only we could get our hands on that checkered skirt… (via A Little Dash of Darling)
4. Edgy With Plaid: Just like everyone else, we’re mad for plaid. Speaking of which, we’re kind of loving how edgy these buffalo check pants look with a white blouse and leather jacket. (via We Wore What)
5. Striped Perfection: To get yourself weekend-ready, look no further than a striped blazer, graphic tee and white pants. Put-together, yet still totally effortless — just the way we like it. (via Bows & Sequins)
8. Basic White Tee: Allow your oh-so-conventional white tee to serve as the foundation of every summer-to-fall ensemble from here on out. (via Peace Love Shea)
11. Head-to-Toe White: While wearing head-to-toe white may appear daunting at first, it’s a fashion risk definitely worth taking. Our advice is to mix textures, and don’t be afraid to add in variations of classic white. (via Song of Style)
15. Shorts + Cardigan: Not so fast. Before you officially stow away the cutoffs, put your stellar layering skills to work and throw on a cardigan. (via Brooklyn Blonde)
18. Business Professional: Be it a class presentation or boardroom meeting, nothing looks more on-point than a white blazer. The printed trousers don’t hurt either. (via The Classy Cubicle)
How will you be incorporating white into your late summer, early fall attire? Leave a comment below or tweet us a picture of your #ootd.