15 Yummy Ways to Make Homemade Ice Cream
Happy 1st of July! It’s National Ice Cream month and we’re celebrating such a “cool” holiday by kicking off an ice cream month of our own. The best place to start? By taking a walk down memory lane, of course. Here are 15 of our favorite ice cream recipes from the Brit + Co. archive.
1. Cake Batter Ice Cream: Based on Coldstone Creamery’s famous flavor, this ice cream is outrageously delicious and really does taste like cake batter.
2. Snickers Ice Cream Brownie Bites: Love a brownie a la mode? Make a whole bunch with this yummy Snickers hack. And yes, Magic Shell is involved.
3. Girl Scouts Cookie Cream Cups: Create a whole suite of cookie inspired flavors and cookie cups. Our favorite was definitely the Samoa variety.
4. Bananas and Biscoff Ice Cream: The first of our ice cream recipes that nix an ice cream maker, this creamy combination is totally addictive.
5. Firework Ice Cream Cupcakes: Getting amped up for 4th of July festivities this weekend? Take your regular frozen treats up a level by making a batch of these colorful firework cupcakes.
7. Avocado Ice Cream: Our first reaction was just like yours. Wait, what? But this flavor is surprisingly rich, earthy, and a yummy alternative to your usual sugar-packed pints.
8. Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream: Inspired by a popular flavor at San Francisco’s Bi-Rite Creamery, this tastes nothing like a salad and a lot like something you will make again ;)
9. PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches: Peanut butter and jelly ice cream sandwiches between homemade peanut butter and jelly cookies? Nom.
10. Skinny Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt: For a bit of fall flavor with the warm summer air, we love this remix on cozy pumpkin pie.
11. Blue Moon Ice Cream Push Pops: A childhood favorite meets one of summer’s most refreshing brews in this subtly spiked sweet.
12. Cookie Dough Ice Cream: We’re all in it for those little chunks of cookie dough when it comes to cookie dough ice cream. This take turns every scoop into a cookie dough explosion but taking balls of cookie dough, coating with ice cream, and freezing overnight.
15. Bourbon Fruitcake Ice Cream Pops: Last, a little holiday flavor. This has to be the least boring fruitcake recipe ever. Bourbon is involved!