We take food seriously in San Francisco. Bon Appetit declared SF the best food city mere months ago. If you’re headed to the Bay Area for the Nike Women’s San Francisco Half Marathon, make sure you stop by these restaurants while you’re in town. From fancy toast to healthy salads to some of the tastiest pizza, there’s a restaurant for every whim in SF. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that they’re all pretty Instagrammable, too!
1. The Mill: If you’re not so sure a piece of toast is worth $4, head to The Mill, where each loaf is made on site daily, from the actual “milling” of the wheat! Go sweet or savory with toppings like cream cheese, avocado, cinnamon + sugar and homemade Nutella. Substitutions are encouraged! (via themillsf)
2. Plow: If loving brunch is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Go right when they open at 7am on weekdays or 8am on weekends. Or, prepare to wait 2+ hours (but we promise it’s worth it!). (via plowsf)
3. Jane on Fillmore: Whether you’re looking for a healthy brunch, light lunch or an afternoon chai tea latte pick-me-up, Jane has you covered. There are plenty of gluten-free and vegan options here too. (via janeonfillmore)
4. Craftsman and Wolves: On the adorable Valencia Street in The Mission sits Craftsman and Wolves, known for their “Devil Within” (an egg baked into a biscuit.) We don’t know how they do it, but we know we want to order another. (via craftsmanandwolves)
6. Blue Barn Gourmet: There’s usually a line out the door for Blue Barn’s sandwiches and salads, located a short walk away from the finish line. Get the seared ahi tuna and prepare to have your life changed. (via Blue Barn Gourmet)
7. Souvla: Make some time to check out Hayes Valley, full of cute shops and our quick lunch or dinner standby, Souvla. Pick your protein (lamb, chicken, beef or vegetarian) and choose between gyro wrap or salad and be sure to save room for the frozen Greek yogurt with baklava crumbles for dessert. (via souvlasf)
10. Basik Cafe: Is there anything more Instagrammable than an acai bowl? Basik makes the best in the city. Our favorite is The Forager, featuring a creamy acai base and topped with fresh fruit, cashews and cacao nibs. (via basikacai)
13. Domo: There’s a lot of good sushi in the city, but Domo is not only consistently good, but affordable too. If there’s a wait, take a walk around the super-cute Hayes Valley neighborhood or grab a drink at Two Sisters Bar nearby. (via Domo)
14. Nopa: Make a reservation WAY in advance, go early to put your name on the list or be okay with eating at the bar, but just eat here. Brunch or dinner, this place is on *every* must-eat list in SF. (via nopa_sf)
15. Liholiho Yacht Club: This Hawaiian restaurant doesn’t just have the most Instagramable food, from tuna poke to steamed pork buns, but it has the most Instagramable floor, too. Just search #alohafloorselfie. (via liholihoyachtclub)
16. Burma Superstar: One thing SF is not lacking is awesome Burmese food. If you’re visiting, be sure to try this mainstay, especially if you don’t have Burmese food at home. Don’t leave without ordering the famous Tea Leaf Salad. (via Burma Superstar)
17. Farmhouse Thai Kitchen: This is a newer restaurant in the hip Mission District, but they are already getting rave reviews. Make sure you try all of their different rices, from blue to black to sticky coconut. (via thaifarmhouse)
Have you been to San Francisco? What are your favorite restaurants there?