The Holiday Farmhouse Decor Trend We’re Copying from Instagram
Nothing says “It’s the holidays!” like a cozy hearth. And our friends on Instagram couldn’t agree more. As we head into December, our feeds are packed with tons of seasonal inspo, including festively decorated mantels. This year, farmhouse fireplaces (think shiplap backsplash and rustic signage), in true Joanna Gaines style, are becoming the talk of the platform. Take a look below to see how you can recreate your own homey vibe based on the sweet setups below.
1. @threearrowsco: Note to self: All it takes is an adorable sign and a little greenery to create a stunning fireplace.
2. @kirklands: Bring on the seasonal brights! The buffalo plaid and red and green make for one cheery scene.
3. @beccabrownliving: Here, the shabby-chic candlesticks and classic eucalyptus wreath are compiled in true Magnolia fashion.
4. @wilshire_collections: We aren’t mad about all this plaid. The trick here is working with complementary colors to keep the patterns in sync.
5. @hilltown_house: We’re *all* for a reason to recycle. And this worn window frame is the perfect excuse to.
6. @verilymag: The all-natural look of the wreath and garlands look striking against an otherwise monochrome display. Bonus: The aromas they give off are just as delightful.
7. @threesonsfarmhouse: Adding lots of textures — think knit stockings, metallic accents, and wooden frames — evokes an instantly cozy vibe.
8. @burlapandsea: That copper basket full of flannels is calling our name.
9. @lavenderbrookfarm: We’re a sucker for an adorable mantel sign. And the fur pom-pom stockings? We’re obsessed with those too.
10. @thecitrusgroves: The crowd has spoke-n. This is the most creative farmhouse holiday arrangement we’ve seen yet.
11. @farmhouse165: Did we mention we love buffalo plaid? Toss in mini-trees and wicker baskets for additional festive feels.
12. @plumprettydecoranddesign: There’s nothing better than logs by the fire and fragrant greens to welcome you home (except maybe a farmhouse sunset!).
13. @citygirlmeetsfarmboy: It’s hard to pick a fave here: The charming wooden lanterns or the rustic quote? We’ll take ’em both.
14. @sloppyelegance: Hello, fabulous monogrammed stockings!
Follow us on Instagram @BritandCo for more trending ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.