10 Instagram Accounts for Moms Who Need a Laugh
Being a parent is totally rad. It’s filled with smiles, giggles, butterfly kisses, and all the magic that you need to fuel those sleepless nights and tantrum-filled days. … Okay, okay, even though mommying isn’t all unicorns, rainbows, and floating on a cotton candy cloud, it’s your life, and sometimes you just need to laugh at it. A big, no-holding-back, from waaay deep down belly laugh. These funny and family Instagrammers are going to help you do just that.
1. @the.real.moms.of.insta: This is IRL parenting to the max. There’s totally no judging here. The totally relatable moments (such as a mom getting a motorized toy truck caught in her hair) will make your day a little brighter. After all, they’re so totally you.
2. @celestebarber: If you haven’t been following this funny girl, you need to — right now. Barber recreates celeb selfies, but in a totally regular (read: not plastic-surgery-enhanced, self-indulgent, oddly narcissistic) way. She’s every mom, and she’s using her sarcastic style in way that will make you laugh hard enough to pee.
3. @father_of_daughters: Moms don’t have the parenting market cornered when it comes to caring for the kiddos. Dad Simon is one man chronicling his journey living with five women. (Okay, maybe it’s more like one woman and four little girls.). Bonus: @mother_of_daughters also has her own account.
4. @averageparentproblems: This IG account does exactly what it says on the box. And you’ll giggle gloriously over the so-real memes.
5. @mylifesuckers: YouTube mama Deva Dalporto keeps the hilarity going on her IG page. Between on-point quotes and family pics, you’ll get plenty of laughs from her account.
6. @mayavorderstrasse: This mom has got super-hilarious letterboards galore (the punchline is how relatably they sum up your life). Vorderstrasse makes parenting fun — or at least funny.
7. @aliwong: The stand-up comic isn’t in-your-face, you’re-gonna-laugh-at-me type of funny. But she totally brings it when it comes to taking the edge off of parenting.
8. @imomsohard: Kristin and Jen… Well, it’s all in the name. They mom so hard! You’ll love their pics when you need a breather (or a wheezer, as you laugh along).
9. @the.lego.dad: Again, moms aren’t the only parents. This account is doing a great job of repping dads in the social-media-verse. Instead of pics of people, this ‘grammer uses LEGOs to get laughs.
10. @livefromsnacktime: If you get a laugh out of the kooky things your kiddo says, this IG account is for you. Parents and teachers submit real kid quotes that make magnificently magical memes.
Who’s your go-to Instagram when you need a laugh? Tweet us @BritandCo!