9 Crafty Instagram Accounts That Artsy Families Will Love
You’ve got a crafty kiddo, but you’re certainly no Martha Stewart. Just because you don’t know acrylic from tempera paint doesn’t mean that you have to skip the artsy adventures. If you’re missing that “creativity” gene, or you’re just not super confident in your ability to create your own children’s art activities, check out these entirely original, inspired, and imaginative Instagrammers. Follow them RN and be prepared to get your hands dirty (like, glue and glitter dirty).
1.@redtedart: Maggy Woodley is a mom and the artsy creator of this account, where you’ll find super cute, easy-to-make crafts for kids. If you need more than inspiration from her fab photos, check out Red Ted Art blog and her YouTube channel for full-on art activity how-to’s. Along with this IG account, she also co-runs @kidscrafts101, which features weekly craft challenges and photos by some of the best art creators on Instagram.
2. @oliviamandel_art: Olivia Mandel is a preschool teacher who takes a Reggio Emilia-inspired approach, which is all about encouraging kids to explore and express themselves. This Insta account is filled with process painting, messy art explorations, and much, much more. You’ll find a treasure trove of completely kid-centered art here.
3. @handywithscissors: Created by Sydney-based mom Susie Rugg, this is a cool, contemporary, and over-the-top creative account full of paper projects for your mini-makers. Rugg, who’s the Kids and Families coordinator at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Australia, shares a lot of beautiful pics that adults will love too, from avant-garde plastic bag flowers to envy-worthy studio snaps.
4. @ohcreativeday: Yep, this account’s name really nails it. Shannon, the mom and teacher behind this account, shares plenty of imaginative art and clever crafts, along with the full how-to’s on the blog Oh Creative Day. Her IG account is bursting with colorful fun that your kids will love making, and the end results are seriously wall-worthy (not only in a “I love my kid and everything they make” sorta way).
5. @hellowonderful_co: If a rainbow could magically transform into an IG account, this would be it. Founder Agnes Hsu (she runs a Hello, Wonderful blog as well) serves up standout activities that artsy children will totally adore. She’s also a brand new children’s author. Hsu’s picture book My Color Is Rainbow ($18) was inspired by her seven-year-old daughter’s Rainbow Rock Project, where her daughter paints rainbows on rocks and leaves them outside for people to find. Now she also sells the rocks and donates all of the proceeds to charity.
6.@cintaandco: Jacinta is a scientist and a mom to three. Her Instagram feed is both artsy and educational, combining colorful crafts with other content areas, such as math and science. Look for super-fun learning activities, like building rainbow towers out of loose parts, creating craft-stick ballerinas, and coloring patterns onto leaves with oil pastels.
7. @make_it_your_own_: If your child is all about art, this IG account is completely for them. It features project after project, all of which are perfect for young children’s busy hands and creative minds. If you need a more detailed how-to description or are looking for even more awesome ideas, click on over to the Make It Your Own blog.
8.@iheartcraftythings: Adorable art activities, anyone? Rachel’s projects are seriously sweet, and her feed features cuteness such as craft stick robots, recycled newspaper and cardboard-tube bees, and chickies made from doilies. The best part: Lots of her crafts are perfect animal characters for your kiddo’s plays or bedtime song props.
9. @thebluebarn: Joanna is a mom to four, a preschool art teacher, and the creator of The Blue Barn (IG account and blog). Her colorful kid’s activities will inspire your little one’s imagination. You’ll find sensory explorations, process art, and crafts that collide with learning — think early literacy, math, and more.
Do you have a favorite crafty Instagram account? Share your pick with us BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)