We’re all about creativity over here at Brit HQ. But we don’t just write about creativity. We also offer online classes and DIY kits that enable you to be creative by teaching you a variety of DIY techniques and skills.
Plus, we’ve got the best of the best. We partner with makers, designers and bloggers to share their expertise with you. This includes topics like calligraphy, beer brewing, photography and coding, just to name a few. And we make it super easy to get started: Most of our online classes come with a companion supply kit that you can scoop up.
Now let’s get to it. Drumroll, please. Next up on our roster of creative classes is…
INTRO TO WATERCOLOR PAINTING
- Color theory
- How to build your own color palette
- How to mix watercolor paints
- Different shading techniques
- How to master brush strokes and paint shapes to create a variety of flower types.
Not sure what that means yet? You will soon enough. Plus, you’ll come out of the class with rad wall art pieces for your home.
And hey, don’t forget your class supples. Here’s everything you’ll need to take the class:
- Round Tip Brush – Size 6
- Round Tip Brush – Size 14
- Flat Tip Brush – 3/4 inch
- Cold Pressed Watercolor Paper (Fabriano)
- Watercolor Paint – Opera Rose (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Vandyke Brown (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Mars Black (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Hookers Green (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Prussian Blue (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Lemon Yellow Deep (Winsor & Newton)
- Watercolor Paint – Scarlet Lake Red (Winsor & Newton)
- Travel Paint Palette
- Painter’s Tape
- Paper Towels
- 2 Cups of Water
- Flowers (for reference – optional)
And if you’re looking for more watercolor resources, make sure to grab Jenna’s book, Everyday Watercolor: Learn to Paint Watercolor in 30 Days, along with your class today!
What’s your next watercolor project? Chat with us in the comment section below.