Who doesn’t love chips and dip? It might just be the tastiest and easiest appetizer in the world. Whether you’re going to a dinner party, watching a sporting event or viewing the newest episode of your favorite TV show (that would be us), they make for a crowd-pleasing snack. Today we’re getting back together with LAY’S® Wavy and Chef Jody Denton to show you how to make Jalapeño Popper Dip that you and your pals can enjoy with LAY’S® Wavy Ranch Flavored Potato Chips.
Head to the grocery store to get the following items:
<br/>– 6 whole jalapeño peppers
– 3 tablespoons butter
– 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups milk
– 5 slices white American cheese singles
– 1 cup cream cheese
– 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the core and seeds from the jalapeños and cut them in half. Place them on a grill with the skin side down until the skin is blackened. Remove the blackened skin and chop the jalapeños. Alternatively, you can place them in the broiler skin side up until the skin is blackened, about five minutes. Set aside.
2. In a sauce pot, warm the butter over medium heat and add the flour. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, being sure not to brown.
3. Add the milk and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
4. Lower heat and add the white American singles, stirring until melted. Then add the cream cheese. Stir until melted and then add the cheddar, salt, pepper and jalapeños.
5. Serve warm with LAY’S® Wavy Ranch Flavored Potato Chips.
De-seed your jalapeños and be careful not to touch your eye! It burns, big time. Cook them on a grill or under the broiler to get blackened skin. Peel it off and then chop the peppers.
In a sauce pot, melt your butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for about 3-4 minutes. Make sure you don’t brown the mixture. Add your milk, and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Add your American cheese singles and stir until they are fully melted. Then add your cream cheese and let it melt. Finally, add the cheddar, salt, pepper and jalapeños.
Put your chips and dip on a cute platter and serve them to your buddies.
What are your favorite dips? Dip into your recipe box and let us know.