If you haven’t heard of a Juicy Lucy yet, get ready for them to start dominating your foodie Pinterest feeds. This life-changing burger starts with a high-quality ground beef — including at least 15 percent fat for good measure (and tastiness). The meat is seasoned well and a crater is formed to hold cheesy goodness. Is your mouth watering yet? Yeah, we thought so! If you can’t make it to the fast food chain, there are plenty of fast food hacks out there that might just be better than the real thing. Think: unique cheese options, meat (and non-meat) alternatives and plenty of other delicious stuffings to top it all off. We’ve rounded up 14 of the tastiest stuffed burgers to up your next BBQ and maybe even your epic Memorial Day part-ay this weekend. Happy grilling!
1. Pepper Jack Stuffed Burger With Jalapeno Cream Sauce: What could be better than a juicy burger oozing with cheese that’s smothered in a smoky jalapeno cream cheese sauce and then and then and THENNNN topped with fried onions? Is anyone else drooling? Once you taste this spicy south-of-the-border take, you may never go back. (via Show Me the Yummy)
2. Roasted Garlic & Feta Chicken Burgers: This burger has just the right combination of sweet roasted garlic and salty feta cheese. Bonus: You’re getting a dose of hidden veggies — the spinach actually keeps this lean chicken burger juicy and nutritious. (via Haute & Healthy Living)
3. Classic Juicy Lucy: This is the original cheese-stuffed burger from Minneapolis, oozing pungent American cheese with every gloppy bite. Tip: Aim your cheese drips right over the French fries so you won’t stain your shirt and you’ll have some souped-up fries for noshing at the end. You’re welcome. (via Chowhound)
4. Sriracha and Cheddar “Juicy Lucy” Burger: If you thought burger nirvana could get no more heavenly, check out this baby. Spiked with sriracha and topped with a runny egg, it will put you on cloud nine. The sriracha provides just the right amount of heat. (via Baker by Nature)
5. Double-Stuffed Turkey Burger: Just when you’re wondering “Can this work with turkey?” — oh, yes, it can! Especially when the turkey is paired with a super creamy cheese. You can’t get any better than Velveeta to strike exactly the right *queso* chord. (via Baker by Nature)
6. Pepperjack Stuffed Doritos Burger: Did someone say queso? You can’t think queso without next thinking of nachos. Here, ground beef is mixed with crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos and stuffed with pepper jack cheese. One bite, and this burger oozes cheese like hot molten lava. (via Heather Likes Food)
7. Mac ‘n’ Cheese Stuffed Burger: If you were thinking about what other tempting concoctions we can stuff these burgers with, you won’t have to *noodle* on that one too long. Grilled burgers and mac ‘n’ cheese all rolled into one? We’ve just died and gone to heaven. Hope they meet us at the pearly gates with some napkins. (via Hey Grill, Heeeeey!!)
8. Goat Cheese Guac Burger With Cheddar and Caramelized Onions: This burger has double cheese. The creamy goat cheese bubbles away inside, while hot cheddar pours down from above. Then a slather of guacamole on the bun tops it off, and caramelized onions add just the right note of sweetness. (via How Sweet Eats)
9. Garden Salad Stuffed Burgers: More hidden veggies coming your way! Ground beef and pork are mixed in with a *salad* of diced tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh green peppers and onions that have been tossed in olive oil and vinegar. The burgers are then stuffed with salty, creamy feta cheese. Go on and sprinkle some leftover feta crumbles on your fries too, because why not? (via Diethood)
10. Sweet and Spicy Cowboy Burger: This turkey burger is going rogue with spicy jack cheese, bacon and fried onions. Lettuce, tomato and BBQ sauce are optional, because we rogues like to keep our options open ;) (via Quirky Inspired)
11. Brie and Caramelized Onion Bunless Stuffed Burger: If you’re following a keto or LCHF eating plan, this is just the burger you’ve been dreaming of. Oozing triple-cream brie, it’s topped with butter-sautéd mushrooms. Be sure to cut yourself some thick slices of beefsteak tomato and some hardy lettuce leaves. You’re gonna need two hands to tackle this baby. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
12. Avocado Stuffed Burger: Here’s one for the Paleo peeps. Start with locally sourced, grass-fed fatty ground beef, or as close as you can get. Mix in some sun-dried tomato, lemon juice and lemon zest. Then hit up your green market for two ripe avocados. Need we say more? If pan-frying, a bit of bacon fat or goose fat would not be out of bounds. (via Civilized Caveman Cooking)
13. Spinach and Havarti Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger: Is there anything as tasty as a portobello on the grill? This mushroom is stuffed with velvety havarti cheese. Olive oil and vinegar-drenched chopped spinach provide just the right zing. Make a bunch, ’cause they’ll go fast — even the meat eaters will love ’em. (via Natasha’s Kitchen)
14. Portobello Mushroom Cashew Cheese Burger: This one is vegan, raw and Paleo-friendly, and cashew *cheese* is the star of the show. It should be topped with fresh chopped chives, spinach and parsley. Who knew raw could be this satisfying? (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
Lovin’ these Juicy Lucy hacks? There’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.