14 Juicy Lucy Stuffed Burger Hacks for Your Memorial Day BBQ
If you haven’t heard of a Juicy Lucy yet, get ready for them to start dominating your foodie Pinterest feeds. This life-changing burger starts with a high-quality ground beef — including at least 15 percent fat for good measure (and tastiness). The meat is seasoned well and a crater is formed to hold cheesy goodness. Is your mouth watering yet? Yeah, we thought so! If you can’t make it to the fast food chain, there are plenty of fast food hacks out there that might just be better than the real thing. Think: unique cheese options, meat (and non-meat) alternatives and plenty of other delicious stuffings to top it all off. We’ve rounded up 14 of the tastiest stuffed burgers to up your next BBQ and maybe even your epic Memorial Day part-ay this weekend. Happy grilling!
1. Pepper Jack Stuffed Burger With Jalapeno Cream Sauce: What could be better than a juicy burger oozing with cheese that’s smothered in a smoky jalapeno cream cheese sauce and then and then and THENNNN topped with fried onions? Is anyone else drooling? Once you taste this spicy south-of-the-border take, you may never go back. (via Show Me the Yummy)
2. Roasted Garlic & Feta Chicken Burgers: This burger has just the right combination of sweet roasted garlic and salty feta cheese. Bonus: You’re getting a dose of hidden veggies — the spinach actually keeps this lean chicken burger juicy and nutritious. (via Haute & Healthy Living)
3. Classic Juicy Lucy: This is the original cheese-stuffed burger from Minneapolis, oozing pungent American cheese with every gloppy bite. Tip: Aim your cheese drips right over the French fries so you won’t stain your shirt and you’ll have some souped-up fries for noshing at the end. You’re welcome. (via Chowhound)
4. Sriracha and Cheddar “Juicy Lucy” Burger: If you thought burger nirvana could get no more heavenly, check out this baby. Spiked with sriracha and topped with a runny egg, it will put you on cloud nine. The sriracha provides just the right amount of heat. (via Baker by Nature)
5. Double-Stuffed Turkey Burger: Just when you’re wondering “Can this work with turkey?” — oh, yes, it can! Especially when the turkey is paired with a super creamy cheese. You can’t get any better than Velveeta to strike exactly the right *queso* chord. (via Baker by Nature)
6. Pepperjack Stuffed Doritos Burger: Did someone say queso? You can’t think queso without next thinking of nachos. Here, ground beef is mixed with crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos and stuffed with pepper jack cheese. One bite, and this burger oozes cheese like hot molten lava. (via Heather Likes Food)
7. Mac ‘n’ Cheese Stuffed Burger: If you were thinking about what other tempting concoctions we can stuff these burgers with, you won’t have to *noodle* on that one too long. Grilled burgers and mac ‘n’ cheese all rolled into one? We’ve just died and gone to heaven. Hope they meet us at the pearly gates with some napkins. (via Hey Grill, Heeeeey!!)
8. Goat Cheese Guac Burger With Cheddar and Caramelized Onions: This burger has double cheese. The creamy goat cheese bubbles away inside, while hot cheddar pours down from above. Then a slather of guacamole on the bun tops it off, and caramelized onions add just the right note of sweetness. (via How Sweet Eats)
9. Garden Salad Stuffed Burgers: More hidden veggies coming your way! Ground beef and pork are mixed in with a *salad* of diced tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh green peppers and onions that have been tossed in olive oil and vinegar. The burgers are then stuffed with salty, creamy feta cheese. Go on and sprinkle some leftover feta crumbles on your fries too, because why not? (via Diethood)
10. Sweet and Spicy Cowboy Burger: This turkey burger is going rogue with spicy jack cheese, bacon and fried onions. Lettuce, tomato and BBQ sauce are optional, because we rogues like to keep our options open ;) (via Quirky Inspired)
11. Brie and Caramelized Onion Bunless Stuffed Burger: If you’re following a keto or LCHF eating plan, this is just the burger you’ve been dreaming of. Oozing triple-cream brie, it’s topped with butter-sautéd mushrooms. Be sure to cut yourself some thick slices of beefsteak tomato and some hardy lettuce leaves. You’re gonna need two hands to tackle this baby. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
12. Avocado Stuffed Burger: Here’s one for the Paleo peeps. Start with locally sourced, grass-fed fatty ground beef, or as close as you can get. Mix in some sun-dried tomato, lemon juice and lemon zest. Then hit up your green market for two ripe avocados. Need we say more? If pan-frying, a bit of bacon fat or goose fat would not be out of bounds. (via Civilized Caveman Cooking)
13. Spinach and Havarti Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger: Is there anything as tasty as a portobello on the grill? This mushroom is stuffed with velvety havarti cheese. Olive oil and vinegar-drenched chopped spinach provide just the right zing. Make a bunch, ’cause they’ll go fast — even the meat eaters will love ’em. (via Natasha’s Kitchen)
14. Portobello Mushroom Cashew Cheese Burger: This one is vegan, raw and Paleo-friendly, and cashew *cheese* is the star of the show. It should be topped with fresh chopped chives, spinach and parsley. Who knew raw could be this satisfying? (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
Lovin’ these Juicy Lucy hacks? There’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.